“Could have been better if NOT lied to.”

Staybridge Suites Philadelphia - Mt Laurel
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 9 July 2017

Hotels appears to be newer or at possibly recently upgraded.
When checking in I asked for a complimentary upgrade as a Platinum member, since we had our baby, it would have been nice to have the extra bedroom to have a quiet place for the baby.. Was told there were no 2 bedroom rooms available, however, I had checked before hand and that puzzled me. When I immediately checked by phone, while the young lady was still checking me in, I found that there were still 2 bedroom rooms still available. When I advised here there were still 2 bedroom rooms available, she then told me if I was here longer, she would have upgraded me. Which is it?!? She clearly lied to me, was there NO 2 bedroom room available or that she just didn't want upgrade me. I was staying only one night, her reason did not make any sense. On a minor note, she did not thank me for being a Platinum member or ask what welcome amenity gift I wanted.

Room Tip: there is a complimentary washer and dryer, maybe request a room close if you want to do lots of laun...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Radhi S, Manager at Staybridge Suites Philadelphia - Mt Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Please see the email I sent you, As a team we apologize for falling short of your expectations. Hope this finds you well.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

The HOTEL is as good as it seems on the net. The staff is really courtious and helpfull. They really make the stay a happy one. I was there in May-June (for a month), and had no issues at all with their services. They were always available when you needed them. All of them were respectful, be it on the reception desk or in case you see them in the corridors, Be it Rich (who used to drop us in the morning time), raadhi or in fact all of them ( as dont really recall everyones names), will greet you with a smile and a "Good Morning". The Food was really good. Really liked the Pizza in the morning breakfast. And the Gingerale was just amazing. Overall a very Nice Experience. Keep up the Good Work guys (y)

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Radhi S, Manager at Staybridge Suites Philadelphia - Mt Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Thank you for the amazing review! We look forward to taking great care of you when your travels bring you back to Mt. Laurel!

Reviewed 21 June 2017

First, let me say that I have Spire Elite status with IHG. I have stayed at several IHG properties all over the US and world. I recently stayed at the StayBridge for 3 nights. The front desk lady was very friendly and the rooms were decent. My only complaint was the hotel gym. The hotel gym is in a room appx 10x10 w 3 cardio machines and free weights (no flat bench). The room in a pass thru to the tennis court and pool and with an open doorway to the laundry room. First, the sanitary wipes was empty. There wasn't even an empty container inside the dispenser, which makes me think it has been empty for a while. I went to the use the elliptical, which was covered in sweat spots. While I was on the machine several people and families were going back and forth to the pool area. The area was so small that I was afraid that the elliptical leg was going to hit someone or someone might bump into it. I decided to use the free weights. Again, there was no flat bench, so you're pretty limited on what exercises you can do. The only area to limit is in the middle of the walk thru. This open area spot may have been 5 x 5 with the remaining room for the cardio machine. I was afraid that I might hit someone or bump into someone with my weight. The room was extremely hot. Yes, the dryers don't help, but the thermostat was set at 77 degrees. This is just setting the stage for bacteria growth, which did happen. I ended up with pink eye the next day. I should had known better than to use the gym at this hotel. This is a lawsuit waiting to happen. Get this, I tried to post this exact same review on IHG.com, but was denied a posting. Their reasoning was that my review reference another hotel brand, which it did not. I won't post on reviews on IHG.com any more since they can just deny negative reviews for their own reasoning, even if its wrong. One more thing I would like to add. This hotel does not participate in the "Forget Something?." I didn't have toothpaste packed with me. I went to the front desk to ask for a small tube. The lady at the first desk said that they only sale it in the food shop. She said she didn't agree with the policy to have customers pay since a lot of other IHG and hotels offer small toiletries for free. She let me have one of the store toothpaste tubes for free as a courtesy. I would definitely not stay at this hotel again. 1) Dirty gym 2) I got pink eye 3) no free small toothpaste 4) IHG denied my original negative review that was within their policy limits.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Radhi S, Manager at Staybridge Suites Philadelphia - Mt Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

I apologize for the inconveniences you faced while with us. I'm happy to inform you our entire first floor will be redone during the last quarter of this year. We are aware of the log jam that transpires because of having one door that accesses the gym, pool, and guest laundry and are truly excited for our renovation which takes care of most of the issues you mentioned (Everything will be separated). I will review what you mentioned with our staff. I'm disappointed that this was not brought to management's attention at all over the duration of your stay. We would of gone above and beyond to make things while you were with us. Reach out to management directly the next time your travels bring you back to Mt. Laurel so we can make things right!

Reviewed 20 June 2017

Nice room, or I would say mini suite, full kitchen, bathroom was fine. The front desk was very friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was adequate at no extra charge. Lots of kids in the indoor poor, we did not go. Small work out room. Overall it was very nice and I would stay there again. No complaints.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the amazing review! We look forward to taking great care of you the next time your travels bring you back to Mt. Laurel! :)

Reviewed 16 June 2017

This is probably the best hotel I've ever booked, especially for the money. My suite was fantastic, and exceeded my expectations. Not only was it clean, but it was incredibly spacious and the beds were comfortable. I was actually sad that I only spent one night here. They served a light dinner, which had very few options, but was perfect, especially considering it was free! The breakfast served the next morning was pretty good as well. The woman working the front desk when I checked in (Kelly, I believe?) was wonderful. I could not have asked for better customer service, as she went above and beyond. The business center is small, but sufficient. If I'm ever in the area again, I will not book anywhere else. This property is such a value.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for the amazing review! Kellie is an huge asset to our property and I'll sure this review will make her day. We look forward to exceeding your expectations the next time your travels bring you back to Mt. Laurel!

Reviewed 13 June 2017

When we checked into the hotel, I asked the person at the front desk the easiet way to our room and he said through the front entrance and we grabbed all of our bagged and lugged them down two hallways only to find an entrance from a parking lot two rooms away from ours, ugh! When we opened the door, we found out that someone was already checked into the room forcing us to go al the way back down to the front desk and get a new key. Not only was it embarrassing, it did not give us confidence in leaving our belongings in our room when we left. What if someone is let into our room?

The TV in the room did not have NBC and it was a Stanley Cup Final game where my home team was playing and did win the cup that night and I had to watch it on my Ipad. The doors to the bedrooms squeaked loudly and did not work well after our kids were asleep.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Radhi S, Manager at Staybridge Suites Philadelphia - Mt Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

I'm so sorry for the hiccups! Please reach out to me directly the next time your travels bring you back to Mt. Laurel so that we can make things right. On a lighter note, Go Penguins! We look forward to exceeding your expectations the next time your travels bring you back!

Reviewed 20 May 2017

Stayed here for a several night thanks to travel with work. I got the King room and it came with a kitchenette. Plenty of room and clean. The only downside is the bed is a little soft. Plenty of choices for breakfast, not just carbs.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Radhi S, Manager at Staybridge Suites Philadelphia - Mt Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Thank you for the awesome review, we look forward to taking great care of you the next time your travels bring you back to Mt. Laurel!