“Thanksgiving Visit”

Residence Inn Mt. Laurel at Bishop's Gate
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed here with our children while visiting nearby family members. We chose this hotel for the full kitchen, due to the fact that we needed to cook several dishes for our Thanksgiving meal. The kitchen itself was very functional and worked great for what I needed. We requested a room with an oven, and we received one. I was disappointed to find dirty dishes put away in the cabinets. The room itself was quite worn. Stains on the floor and couch. When I got the blankets for the fold out couch out of the closet there was a pillow with a filthy, stained pillowcase in the bag. The front desk quickly supplied clean pillows and blankets for us. Overall, this hotel has great customer service, however, the housekeeping leaves much to be desired.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Midwest0909
Gregory A, Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Laurel at Bishop's Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Dear Midwest0909,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Residence Inn Mt. Laurel at Bishop's Gate with us.

As the cleanliness of our hotel is a key priority, I am very sorry that your guestroom fell short of your expectations. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the housekeeping team in an effort to improve our service.

As a valued guest, we hope you choose to stay with us whenever your travels bring you back to Mt. Laurel.

Gregory Abellard
Hotel Manager
Residence Inn Mt. Laurel
gregory.abellard@onelodging.com

Reviewed 19 November 2017

Despite using the online check-in the day before, when I arrived at the hotel to check-in (on a tight schedule because of a business dinner appointment) they told me that my room wasn't ready and wouldn't be ready for at least an hour. I asked if there was someplace I could change and freshen up. They said no. I asked for the manager, I was told that despite the "manager on duty sign" no manager was on duty and they didn't have a phone number to call him. Finally, they found me a different room... and she stressed what a favor she was doing for me (really!?!?!), On the good news front, although they start breakfast at 6:30am. When I showed up at 6am ... they had coffee and a few baked items ready and suggested I help myself.

Room Tip: Facing away from the main road.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Gregory A, Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Laurel at Bishop's Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Hello Billp25,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We apologize for any inconveniences you may have encountered during your stay. While we do try our best to honor all guest requests concerning an early arrival there are instances where we are unable to fulfill the request. I will work with the staff to ensure that we communicate with our guests prior to arrival if the request cannot be honored and to make sure we are offering alternatives. We hope you visit us again in the near future.

Best regards,

Greg A.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Once again while driving through this this area, I decided on this hotel and it it didn't disappoint. They seemed to have a full house this time, but it was still very quiet. The front desk staff was extremely courteous and professional. Our room was huge and very clean. The bed was wonderful and I should have taken note what brand it was. I remember thinking the same thing after the last visit . The breakfast was very good. Plenty of hot and cold choices and they keep it well stocked. There's plenty of seating in the breakfast area. The pool, fitness room, basketball area, barbecue/fire pit/patio all look very nice but we didn't use any of these areas on this stop over. This is a very well maintained property. I will stay again when passing through the area.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Perfect place for a South Jersey wedding. 15 minutes from cherry hill and 15 minutes from cinnaminson. The room was spacious, king bed, large sectional sofa, two closets, big bathroom. The only thing they could truly add are ports to charge cell phones. It is 2017!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Stayed two nights while visiting family in the area. It is near lots of shopping which came in handy. It is set on a very busy road, but we couldn't hear any noise. There are a few corporate buildings behind the hotel which have walking paths and we used those in the morning in order to get some exercise (they do have a workout room too). The room had everything you would need and the kitchen was stocked with some essentials. The complimentary breakfast offered a small variety of items (some hot items and some cold items) and it was the perfect way to start the day. Would stay here again if needed.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Well-run with a very generous breakfast. Very clean. We'd return here, happily. The hotel is a 5 minute jog off NJ turnpike when you are traveling north. To return in the morning to NJT it's about 10 minutes according to Google Maps. Nice, safe area .

You'll need to drive a half-mile or more to find a restaurant. Ruby Tuesday is the closest and it's in a nice outdoor mall with a Chico's.

Room Tip: Go for the top floor if you don't want to awaken to footsteps at 6 AM
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2017

I was here for business Friday night and Saturday night. The room was a decent size, but the kitchen counter area was very dark. There was no under-counter light and the overhead light really didn't do a good job of lighting the kitchen area. The left side of the bed was right below the air conditioning vent which blew very cold air on the occupant - I had to pull the blanket all the way up to keep the cold off. The internet speed was fairly slow - not fast enough for video, but Netflix and Hulu and a few other services were built in to the TV. I didn't log in to test them out. On both days I went down early for breakfast - around 6:20AM. We were told at check-in that hot food comes out at 7, but there'd be cold options and coffee starting to come out at around 6AM. On Saturday, I was the 2nd person to come down to eat. Lights were out in the dining area. I found a few switches and turned on some. The person behind the registration desk turned on a main light and it was reasonably bright. I had turned on the light by the breakfast food...and then the women who was putting out the food came out and shut the light. I guess they don't want us seeing food until 7AM - I thought this was very annoying to shut the light above the food while customers are looking at the food. On Sunday morning, the registration desk person left the main light out so there were about 10 or 12 people eating breakfast in a mostly dark area. I get that you don't serve hot food until 7, but when 2/3 of your hotel is there an event that has them out before 7, at least you can accomodate them eating cold food by leaving the lights on.
...so some quirks, but it's still a Marriott property, overall reasonbly well run, spotlessly clean, and very comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business