“Horrible Hotel and Horrible Staff”

Red Roof Inn Neptune
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Neptune
Ridgefield Park, New Jersey
“Horrible Hotel and Horrible Staff”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

This hotel has bugs in the rooms and I was bite, if you absolutely have to stay here because it is affordable then I understand but I wouldnt recommend this hotel to my dog.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Diandra B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Vermont
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Crashed here late evening. First hotel on an around the continent trip. Trying to keep it cheap, I checked out a Day's Inn for the first time. Actually, not a bad deal; $69 and change for the night, free wi-fi, cable with flat panel and HBO, fridge and microwave, decently clean and direct access from room to car. Neighbors are quiet (funeral home) and setting is suburban. A bit of a drive to eating establishments, but there are several convenience stores within a mile, or so.
I read the other reviews, and wonder at the veracity of a couple: What the owners being Indian has to do with anything probably reflects more on the reviewer's bias than the quality of the hotel. Perhaps their bedbugs and smells were fleas from their own dogs, and hateful body odor. I found the room okay clean and quite neat. As for the 'food shelf' description of the breakfast? I've served some pretty darn good meals at a food shelf.
Bottom line? It ain't the Ritz or even a Triscuit, but it was a neat, quiet, dry, warm and inexpensive night in joisey.

Room Tip: Front facing rooms have good lighting for cars and rooms are set back far enough from the highway so...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Oceanport, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I stayed for a couple days. The room was clean and spacious. I loved the free wifi and everyone was nice. I would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Millwood, New York
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Fruit and donuts at there version of a continental breakfast looked like donations to a food shelter. When you give mimimal perks at least give the best. The apples looked like they were picked up off the bottom of a wild apple tree.The Only ice machine was in the office which we would have to go outside and walk quite a way. Good thing it wasnt raining. Urine around the base of the toilet and toilet seat... and and the air conditioner was leaking a puddle in the room on the carpet. This room served the purpose but these things are unacceptable and only because my wife failed to check with me and thought everything else was sold out. The following day Sunday 8/4/11 we were able to find a beautiful room on the beach in seaside heights for 25% less with more amenities. We could have been a repeat customer but not at this establishment.

Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank robertc1047

Travellers are raving about these Neptune hotels

Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed 4 September 2011

My wife and my two dogs decided to take a trip to the shore on a whim this past Labor Day weekend. I found this hotel, read the reviews and figured it wouldn't be a bad deal for a couple nights. The rooms are foul and the perfumed air freshener does a horrible job masking it. My wife and I felt like we were getting bit by bed bugs on the second night and it seems that one of my dogs couldn't stop hacking, wheezing, and coughing, due to the stale, stinky, un-fresh air in the room. We thought that she may have caught kennel cough but when we checked out and started riding with the car window down, the symptoms miraculously went away. I'm pretty sure it was the condition of the room and I now feel bad that I brought my wife and dogs there. I saw the maids (the Indian family) "cleaning" the rooms but surprisingly it only took them 5 minutes to clean a room, and they didn’t even seem to change the comforters. For a hotel that allows dogs, you would think that they’d clean the heck out of the rooms. Also, this morning as I was walking my dog, Mama-san and Papa-san seemed to be staring at me like I owed them money and they were like ants all over the hotel property with no privacy at all. When we got home from the shore late one night, we were met by three local Neptune Police Cars that were a couple doors down from us dealing with something. The resident seemed to be a live in and the hotel seemed to be a manifestation of shaddy people, living there indefinitely. I will NEVER stay here again and I would advise others not to as well. I never write reviews on hotels but in this case, I felt that I needed to warn others. DO NOT stay here, but if you do, DO NOT bring your dogs or they may catch the respiratory issues that my lab did.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Stayed here 2 nights. Only good thing was the pool. It was very clean & easy to access. The lamp shades were so covered with dust, it was obvious they have not been cleaned for many, many months. There was black moldy grout on floor & walls in shower. The shower had no ledges or anywhere to put soap down. Had to put it on the floor or outside on the sink counter while showering. The window in bathroom was filthy. There was lots of mold growing inside a wicker basket that held soap & shampoo. Children of the owners were running around the parking lot all day making it difficult to drive out of the space. Not worth the $340 for 2 nights.

Room Tip: Ceiling thin, don't stay on first floor unless you are a heavy sleeper or can't do steps (no...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank zoobiesmom
Melville, New York
Reviewed 23 July 2011

I travel with my dogs and am always delighted to find a dog friendly hotel that is also clean, safe, and modern. The exterior guest room doors made it easy to load and unload, and the park-like area was quiet with lots of places to walk the dogs.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Neptune
2.1 km away
5.9 km away
Empress Hotel
Empress Hotel
#2 of 6 in Asbury Park

Been to Red Roof Inn Neptune? Share your experiences!