All reviewsthe jersey shoreasbury parkfull kitchenoutlet mallroom suitesink areapull out couchfirst flooryogurta great place to stayexercise roomwould stay here againhot tubbasketball courtking bedshort drivenew jersey
Reviewed February 19, 2018

For the most part, it is the people that rank this review, we stayed twice in a 10 day period. The rooms are nice but need detailing, over all looks clean until you look closer. Considering the young age of this property I would expect better. The laundry room was gross, the window and the heater unit as well as the floor hadn't been clean in what looked like forever. The floor in one bathroom felt like conditioner had been spilt and wiped into the floor instead of cleaned, very slippery and dangerous. what looked coffee had been splashed down one bedroom door and left and there were things on the floor when we checked in and still there after maid service.... The volume remotes for the TV are either loud louder or unhearable Breakfast was good, and offered a nice variety but was not kept as well as it could have been. Since the hot tun was out of order I decided to stick my feet in the pool... it was gross!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the maids closet, they bang around in the morning.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2018

Stayed over the Christmas holiday. I was very disappointed with the service. Although the staff was friendly but came of short of delivering to my expectations. I had to spend a day without heat (no portable heat was offered ). I did move to another room which was old with broken furnitures. Room service left to be desired. Breakfast counter very disorganized.

Room Tip: use odd number - room facing golf course
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Pierre D
Reviewed January 2, 2018

The trip started great. We had a great day at the Ocean County First Night program on the Seaside Boardwalk. Then when we tried to check-in, the trip took a negative turn. There was only one person at the desk and he seemed to be overwhelmed with requests, check-ins, and other guest issues. It took us over 30 minutes to get checked in. Once checked in, we had to run out to make our dinner reservations on time. After dinner, we came back to the room and had to request sheets for the pull-out couch. 2 calls and 2 hours later the sheets and blankets finally arrived. Overall, the room was sized nicely, but when we needed a glass from the kitchen area we discovered that the glasses, silverware, and general area were not clean. I had to go to the lobby to get a paper cut to use. Bed was OK as was the room temp. The next morning breakfast was busy since it was New Years Day. Went back and got changed to take the kids into the pool. Key didnt work and had to go back to the desk to gain access. Upon entry, the pool had a light film over the top which was unsightly and decided it wasnt a good idea to go in. Back to the room to get cleaned up and leave. Shower curtain liner was moldy in several spots as well as worn/unpainted/moldy looking spots in tub area. Quickly showered and checked out. We tried to mention that the shower curtain was moldy upon our exit and nobody even asked for the room. Overall impression is that staff/management dont seem to care and dont care for guest comfort as well. I am a Marriott Platinum Member and I am sad to see the lower-end hotels in this condition and/or management. Will not stay here again....

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank ShawnS2490
Reviewed December 28, 2017

I arrived before check-in time to the hotel they gave me a handicapped room claiming there was no standard room that was ready. I arrived in the room the bathroom was dirty and the room was 56 degrees that's freezing cold. This was not what I was expecting at a Residence Inn. Michelle who was working at the front desk was very difficult to communicate with. Do not visit this hotel if you are looking for the a typical residence inn hotel standards.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Majourm
Reviewed December 11, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is close to the highway & there are plenty of options for places to eat. It has a nice set up, we had a 2 bedroom that was spacious.
The reasons I rated it so low was:
-it doesnt seem like the shower liner was changed in months. It was covered in mildew
-after turning on the ice machine in the fridge & stepping out for dinner, there still wasnt any ice when were returned. We my wife called downstairs for ice the guy who answered kept asking if she was sure she turned it on. Nothing like basically being called an idiot.
We travel often & enjoy staying at this brand. Maybe it was an off day but we werent impressed.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
pamela b, Assistant General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Neptune at Gateway Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2017

We do value your feedback it helps us to make necessary changes/improvements to ensure every guest has a positive Marriott experience. We sincerely apologize, do hope you give us another opportunity if your future travels bring you back to our area.