“EXCELLENT SOUTHERN BARBECUE IN JERSEY”
Review of Local Smoke BBQ

Local Smoke BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed April 5, 2017

If you want no fuss authentic southern barbecue then this is the place. Everything is delicious. I go for the barbecue chicken & hush puppies. My husband is a pulled pork & beef brisket guy. Consistently good. We do takeout. Give the fried mac & chesse a shot. Yum!

Date of visit: August 2016

Reviewed January 9, 2017 via mobile

Best catered food ever!!! Pulled pork, pulled chicken, wings, cole slaw poppers, baked beans and corn bread.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed December 8, 2016 via mobile

I love barbeque especially southern style but this place left a lot to be desired.There was an unbelievable amount of grease/oil in ever dish we ordered. There is a way to make barbeque delicious without the GREASE!

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed November 30, 2016 via mobile

We are frequent visitors during the summer months to the Local Smoke BBQ. Best barbecue around! We get take out at least once a week throughout the summer. I love the pulled chicken and my husbands loves the pulled pork and spare ribs. The Mac and cheese is awesome as well as the collard greens. Never had a bad meal. Best around .....

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed November 18, 2016 via mobile

Not much in the way of ambience, but then we came here for the food not the decor. We had the pulled pork platters which came with two side. I chose the cole slaw and the macaroni and cheese bites. The cole slaw was okay, nothing special, the bites had a nice crunch on the outside and creamy on the inside. My better half went with the collard greens and baked beans. She loved both. The pulled pork had a nice flavor which didn't need a sauce on it but if you decided it needed it they had a choice of three sauces to choose from. All were flavorful.
The reason it didn't get more stars was the lack of a dessert choice. I realize that this is more of a take out spot, but a nice southern dessert, maybe a chess pie, would of hit the spot. Give this place a shot if your looking for a good BBQ experience!

Date of visit: November 2016