“Looks can be decieving, good BBQ”
Review of Local Smoke BBQ

Local Smoke BBQ
Ranked #3 of 19 Restaurants in Neptune City
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed August 30, 2017

We had a craving for BBQ and it was 100% fulfilled we had the chopped brisket and pulled pork sandwiches. the meat on both was excellent. my only reservation was they put a vinegar based sauce on the pork sandwich, I'm not a fan, but it was OK. I wasn't as vinegary as what is served in Virginia.

Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

Everything was delicious! The ribs, pulled pork and burgers are outstanding! The fried pickles are fabulous too! So glad we found this place! Well worth waiting for the food or a table as there's limited seating.

Reviewed August 28, 2017

Local Smoke Barbecue has been one of the places to go for lunch on my own or on business. I am also lucky that this is one of the restaurants my current company uses to cater in house events! The restaurant itself has an old fashioned kind of cafeteria feeling including counter sitting, the staff is extremely friendly and helpful! The food is amazing! I have tried several dishes which have been well prepared, tasty and most of all great value. The Hush Puppies come out golden and crispy with the right amount of spiciness. The Pulled Pork and Texas Brisket sandwiches served on rolls, are both very tasty and tender with the perfect portions of meat to bread; these are usually served with a side of potatoes. The ribs and brisket platters are my favorite! The dishes come accompanied by two side dishes and corn bread, YUMM!!! The corn bread is one of the best I have tried! Absolutely delish!!! The meat from the platters are seasoned with the right amount of barbecue sauce which is not by any means over whelming! This is probably the only barbecue place that I do not mind the barbecue sauce on the meat, in other barbecue restaurants I usually ask for it on the side. The side dishes are also amazing! The coleslaw is always fresh and crispy with the right amount of sweetness. The Mac and Cheese Bites are amazingly addictive! Kudos for their Macaroni and Cheese!!! This is a great barbecue place with excellent service, food and value!!!

Reviewed July 20, 2017

We called the restaurant and ordered take out food. We ordered a Large Family special that they have on their menu. We arrived and picked up the food, paid and left, a few minutes after we left I received a phone call from the staff telling me they didn't give us everything we ordered, and could we comeback to pick it up, they also offered to drop the food off to our house if it was inconvenient. We were not very far from the restaurant and we drove back and were thankful for the honesty exhibited by the staff. We now call them frequently and order our take out BBQ from them.

Reviewed July 11, 2017

The best Q in the North I have ever had. So, on my way back to South Jersey someone suggested I stop by Local Smoke. I pull in and didn't think much of the area, but figured I would give it a try. Half rack of ribs and some brisket. Get my purchase to the car and start munching. Had to turn around and get more. The ribs were way awesome. Perfectly smoked, not dried out and had a great taste. Ordered another rack and chicken for later. The brisket was also awesome. Ordered the chicken, but unfortunately someone else ate all so cant rate but must have been at least decent as it went quick. Outside of Louisiana, I have not had Q this good anywhere in this area. The cornbread was also awesome. Great taste and not dried out. Cant rate anything else, and not sure I would order anything else as the meat just cant be beat. The only down side is the price. Just a bit pricey for the quantity of food. A must try though, highly recommended.