“Stay elsewhere. Discourtious, unclean”

Motel 6 New Brunswick NJ
Motel 6 New Brunswick NJ
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in New Brunswick
Princeton, New Jersey
“Stay elsewhere. Discourtious, unclean”
Reviewed 17 September 2011

If you can find it, stay at a different place. The carpets are... dirty is an understatement. One of the two chairs in my room was broken and had been arranged so that it looked ok. I sat and it sank with two nails coming out. I informed the manager and he said he'd take care of it. Nobody did for the rest of my 6 day stay. Service is poor. The front desk is discortious. I asked the room to be cleaned in a 3 hour window and wasn't. When I was at the front desk, someone (a stand up looking guy) asked for a discount because there were bugs in his room. He wasn't offered one.

On the plus side, it is safe enough for the price (50-60$). Inexpensive. Close to Rutgers. There is a diner across the road that takes 5 mins by car.

I very rarely write reviews, but would have liked to have been forewarned myself. So there. Stay somewhere else. There are other places in the area that for the same or similar price are much better.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Stranded by Hurricane Irene, I stayed here after my flight was cancelled and I had no way home. This place is a complete dump. Bed is ancient, stains on everything, holes punched into the walls and doors, pillows were flat as pancakes, loveseat was old, ratty and torn. I also suspect that they rent rooms by the hour. The hotel managers were not friendly and housekeeping never did make up the room. I booked 2 nights, but left after the first. When I got back late the first day and asked to be refunded for the night I wouldn't be using, the manager was rude and said he would absolutely guarantee I wouldn't get a refund and that I should have checked out by noon if I wanted the be refunded. If you get stuck in New Jersey, do yourself a favor and keep looking for a place to stay. Do not stay here!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank JLA_11

Travellers are raving about these New Brunswick hotels

North Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 October 2010

I was travelling alone on business in the area and simply needed a convenient and inexpensive place to stay. It is close to the highway and is inexpensive, but there is a lot more to this place. After I checked in and went to my room I quickly saw a seedy element at the property. This hotel houses the homeless for the county and many are "hanging out" and roaming around the property. It is also a place for hookers and other low lifes to do their business. At 2am I heard a couple having a screaming match outside my room. When I asked the front desk clerk for a late check out of 1pm rather than noon he told me that if I wasn't out by 1pm he'd put my things in the street.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank njworldtraveller1
Morehead City, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 October 2010

Never stay at any motel on Jersey turnpike-armpit of the USA. Dirty rooms! Extremely noisy-think they rent rooms by the hour. If you get close to this exit-keep driving!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank beamer98
Dedham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 October 2010

I think this is probably the worst place I have ever stayed at in the United States. We booked the motel as a one night, half way stay for a trip to Washington. The hotel sounds great on the website description "..newly renovated, etc." We got there at around 12:00 pm at night and it was quite a shock. There was a used towel on the floor. The room was filthy and there were cracks all over the bathroom (not to mention the few visitors in the bath). We inspected the beads throrougly for bed bugs but to be honest, didn't find any (they must have thier standards too). My family (wife and 2 teenage neices) couldn't even bring themselves to take a shower in the morning and we left as early as we could (oh, and the fire alarm went off at 3:00 am for around 10 minutes for no explained reason). I'm guessing this motel is "newly rennovated" everytime the towels get changed; probably every couple of months or so. For us, Halloween came early? Thank god the motel in Washington was pretty nice. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank dansardo
Prince George, Virginia
Reviewed 19 August 2010

This place was awful... toilets didn't flush correctly, The locals are allowed to rent out rooms and party every night ...one night they decided to park their cars side ways so they could take up more spaces. Do yourself a favor...keep going!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
palindromic
Reviewed 8 February 2010

Got to the hotel and couldn't even get my car into the parking lot, as the 8 inches of snow (that had been on the ground for 2 days) were still there and they hadn't bothered to plow the parking lot (which was on a steep incline).

The heat didn't work in 3 of the 4 rooms that our group had reserved. We called immediately, as it was sub zero outside and the rooms were freezing. The woman at the front desk said "Well why don't you turn on the heat then because it works fine". We left to go about our business and received a phone call from the hotel saying that they "just realized" that the heat didn't work in 3 of the 4 rooms and they would be moving us. When we returned late in the evening, ready to exchange keys for new rooms, they said that the heat was fixed, so we could just stay in our original rooms. It wasn't, and the front desk was "closed" every time we called, so 12 of the 16 of us slept in rooms that were below 50 degrees. By far the worst experience I have ever had.

• Stayed February 2010
3.0 km away
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#3 of 7 in East Brunswick

Been to Motel 6 New Brunswick NJ? Share your experiences!