“Good Luck Trying to Sleep!”

Motel 6 New Brunswick NJ
Motel 6 New Brunswick NJ
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in New Brunswick
“Good Luck Trying to Sleep!”
Reviewed 28 April 2012

My group and I stayed in this hotel in order to compete in the New Jersey Regional Science Fair. well, all we wanted was a quiet pleasant stay at a hotel but instead we were struggling to fall asleep. One would think it would be insomnia or something but, no. There were extravagantly loud, inappropriate noises and gestures coming from our back door. Several people were outside of the room right by our back door.

As a safety percaution, we ran to shut the door and lock it tight just to find out that the back door does not close. we had a lot of trouble trying to sleep and this lack of rest might have contributed to our presentation the following day

Speaking of the following day, the breakfast was simply awful. There was nothing to eat as there were extremely limited options. The food that was served was well past expiry dates. In fact, the bagel that was served made one boy throw up.

I do not recommend this hotel to others because of the following:
- not roomy
- bad breakfast
- horrible location
- beer bottles
- smoking smell
- awful people outside of our room. (smoking weed)

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank aneekers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed 27 February 2012

This hotel used to be terrible and maybe still is on the weekends but Monday night was ok. Funky smell in the rooms still but no prostitutes or crackheads and homeless people in sight so that's a plus! Stay somewhere else if u can but if you are financially unable to.. Enjoy the ride!

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Ioanaligia

Travellers are raving about these New Brunswick hotels

Maryland
Reviewed 16 November 2011

This place was ok 5 years ago, so I didn't hesitate to book it again when having to stay in the area for a funeral. This time it was dirty and the beds were very uncomfortable. There was a sign at the desk saying "be back in a moment," but we had to wait a very long time for the desk clerk to appear. The continental breakfast was just dry cereal and bread. Not a place I would ever stay in again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank tag1000
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Needed a place to stay over since was going to Starland for a concert. Waited till last minute and ended up here, its cheap and we slept there thats all the nice things I can say. We spent maybe 8 hours there. It is a dump and it probably does change to an hourly rate after a certain hour, but it did the job for me and my bud. I would probably look elsewhere next time that we go down there, like the Days Inn which has a Hooters next to it!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 27 October 2011

As I´ve said above,never stay there even if it´s cheaper than any other place,don´t get wrong as I did,they rent room to any kind of people and it´s also known for being unsafe.I was assaulted and robbed there and no one even noticed it,there are no cameras whatsoever and if there are,well they might unplugged..the worst place on earth!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank jose m
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 September 2011

If you can find it, stay at a different place. The carpets are... dirty is an understatement. One of the two chairs in my room was broken and had been arranged so that it looked ok. I sat and it sank with two nails coming out. I informed the manager and he said he'd take care of it. Nobody did for the rest of my 6 day stay. Service is poor. The front desk is discortious. I asked the room to be cleaned in a 3 hour window and wasn't. When I was at the front desk, someone (a stand up looking guy) asked for a discount because there were bugs in his room. He wasn't offered one.

On the plus side, it is safe enough for the price (50-60$). Inexpensive. Close to Rutgers. There is a diner across the road that takes 5 mins by car.

I very rarely write reviews, but would have liked to have been forewarned myself. So there. Stay somewhere else. There are other places in the area that for the same or similar price are much better.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Stranded by Hurricane Irene, I stayed here after my flight was cancelled and I had no way home. This place is a complete dump. Bed is ancient, stains on everything, holes punched into the walls and doors, pillows were flat as pancakes, loveseat was old, ratty and torn. I also suspect that they rent rooms by the hour. The hotel managers were not friendly and housekeeping never did make up the room. I booked 2 nights, but left after the first. When I got back late the first day and asked to be refunded for the night I wouldn't be using, the manager was rude and said he would absolutely guarantee I wouldn't get a refund and that I should have checked out by noon if I wanted the be refunded. If you get stuck in New Jersey, do yourself a favor and keep looking for a place to stay. Do not stay here!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
3.0 km away
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#3 of 7 in East Brunswick

Been to Motel 6 New Brunswick NJ? Share your experiences!