“An wonderful culinary experience”
Review of Steakhouse 85

Steakhouse 85
Reserve with OpenTable
Steakhouse 85 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 211 Restaurants in New Brunswick
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: George Street
Transit: The restaurant is just a one minute walk from the New Brunswick stop on the NJ Transit Northeast Corridor line.
Description: Steakhouse 85 is a 21st century rendition of the classic American Steakhouse. The menu at Steakhouse 85 is comprised of fresh and inspiring modern day interpretations of classic American cuisine, served alongside the traditional steakhouse classics we all know and love. The back bone of our menu is without a doubt our beef. Our mouth watering dry aged steaks are rubbed with a simple yet luscious combination of sea salt, black pepper and fresh herbs. They are seared on a 1200 degree cast iron grill and then broiled to your liking. Paired with a large classically designed bar, complete with savvy cocktails and a Wine Spectator award winning wine list, this steakhouse is sure to please.
Reviewed January 19, 2016

Recently went on a Saturday night with another couple to celebrate three birthdays. Our experience was absolutely wonderful. Our table was waiting for us when we arrived. The jazz trio was playing great tunes and the atmosphere was what you would expect on a typical lively Saturday night. The wait staff was very efficient and attentive, even for a Saturday night, when service at a restaurant can be notoriously poor. However, it is the food that so stands out and that I must write about. To start, the martinis were perfect. The appetizers including the jumbo shrimp cocktail, crab cakes and beet and goat cheese salads were to die for. For entrees,we had the Alaskan King Crab Legs, the Cowboy and Del Monaco steaks. All were absolutely brilliantly prepared. The crab legs are full of meat, the Del Monaco is dry aged and melts in your mouth. I've never had a better steak and I've eaten at some of the best steakhouses in various cities around the country. We ordered 5 side dishes for 4 people and ended up taking much of it home because one side can feed two people. The lobster risotto stands out among the sides, but the sweet potato casserole is another outstanding side. Our only regret is that we were too full for dessert. Next time we will order fewer side dishes and save room for dessert. Steakhouse 85 is quite pricey, but it is an culinary experience you will talk about for a long time. I highly recommend it.

1  Thank dpg1988

Reviewed December 30, 2015

From soup to nuts this restaurant was nothing short of incredible. We had the french onion soup & lobster bisque along with the tangy shrimp appetizer....my son ordered it with the sauce on the side, no issue and it was the best shrimp he'd ever had. We all got a steak with a few Surf & Turf entrees, the steaks were tender, flavorful and cooked perfectly. The sides were family style, we did the Lobster Risotto, Creamed spinach, mac & cheese & steak fries. It was too much food but I have to say we all enjoyed it just as much the next day. Our waitress Stephanie was very helpful, professional and really contributed to a great experience.

This is not normally a restaurant I'd patron.....a little out of my range but we were treated by a family member. If you have a budget this might not be the one for you. This was definitely one of the best meals I've ever had.

1  Thank Kathryn T
Reviewed December 3, 2015

I took my wife here for our date night, not knowing that Steakhouse 85 had a special. I'm pretty sure it was appetizers, dinners, a dessert and wine for $100. Everything was good, and for the money was a great deal for the area it's in.

2  Thank Mi_2_Jo_2
Reviewed November 15, 2015

A group us had arranged a dinner at Steakhouse 85 and we had the use of a large room. They had prepared a limited menu for us but with great choices.my table preferred the filet mignon and it was an excellent choice.
The service was excellent without any long waits.

1  Thank RonJmn
Reviewed November 15, 2015 via mobile

Went there to have a nice steak and I had a nice steak :) unfortunately we waited almost 45 minutes between the aperizers and the entree. A bit to much for any restaurant standard. I would go back in anycase, maybe not on Sarurday night.

1  Thank shaker70