“Perfect Location Great Food”

Holiday Inn Newark Airport
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Newark
Reviewed 7 March 2012

If your flying in and out of Newark you cant go wrong, The shuttle bus runs every 15-20 minutes 24 hours a day, The front desk staff is a bit stiff but its Newark. The restaurant is open from breakfast until 1am which is perfect for those working late or sightseeing and the food and staff is perfect. Nothing special for platinum members which is the normal thing now with IHG chains. The rooms are very up to date and comfortable as can be. I have stayed here many nights this year and it is my first choice in Newark/New York

3  Thank HankTheDog1
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Newark Airport

Reviewed 26 February 2012

Everything about this hotel was just lovely: the front desk clerk was so accommodating and helpful with all my questions and requests. There was no waiting at all for the shuttle, either way, and the stop was easy to find at EWR airport.

The rooms are beautifully designed, with a neutral color scheme, and splashes of bright hues; a silky, snow-white bed covering, leather-texture wallpaper on one wall and striking horizontal tiles on the bathroom floor and tub inset. (dear Holiday Inn: Please send your designer to my house!) With the pleasant decor, the room felt so comfortable. There's a large-screen TV, good water pressure in the shower and both soft and firm pillows.

The only negative about the hotel is that it's located in a cultural wasteland of freeways, expressways and highways, with cars whizzing by all around. It's probably less than a mile from the airport, as the crow flies, but seemed to take 15 minutes by shuttle through a complicated maze of mergers and on-and off-ramps. It's not the kind of place to take a walk outside, unless you like to walk circles around the parking lot.

Other than the location, I liked everything about this hotel. I had to leave too early to try the breakfast, so I can't speak to that.

2  Thank SeattleJack
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Reception staff were the opposite of all they are supposed to be. Bed was so-so. Our requests were not taken care of at all. Baby cot arrived without any linen. Had to use a bed spread as noone could conjure up a sheet and duvet for the baby. The only people doing a decent job at this badly managed establishment were the drivers and breakfast staff. Otherwise it felt like everything was too much trouble and more than their jobs worth. Would not recommend.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Camilla2000
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Stayed here overnight on 9th February 2012 on a layover back to London from Cincinnati. Although close to the airport it requires a 15 minute shuttle bus journey because of the road layout and this in turn requires using the Air Train to get to the P4 Station where the airport buses go from. Because of delays on Air Train it took me almost as long to get to the hotel than it had taken to fly from Cincinnati. The Holiday Inn is a very ordinary airport hotel; clean and functional. However the bed was extremely uncomfortable (very hard, cheap mattress with a plastic sheet over it) and the hotel noisy and rooms poorly sound insulated. There was a longer than advertised wait for the hotel shuttle in the morning leaving me tight for time. My advice - for layovers use the Marriott hotel - you can walk to it from the airport terminal and the beds are more comfortable!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms close to the elevator - with poor sound insulation and people coming and going all night...
1  Thank Englishmanonholiday
Reviewed 29 January 2012

My husband and I arrived in Newark from Utah to adopt our son. The first night we arrived we were tired from travel and needed a place to stay. We went to the Hilton first as the people at the front desk were so unfriendly that we decided to look around. We happen to find the Holiday Inn Newark Airport. The front desk staff was extrememly friendly right off the bat. We got a room for that night. The room was extrememly clean and seemed to have recently been refurbished. We did not know how long we would be in New Jersey, so the next day we went down to the front desk, explained out situation to them and they were so accomodating! Long stort what we thought would be a 4-5 day trip ended up being a frustrating 3 week trip. The brightest part of the trip other than our beauriful new son was the Holiday Inn. They front desk staff was incredible, the maid staff was fast and clean our room so that it was pristine! The restuarant staff was extrememly friendly and quick. I don't have one bad thing to say. Everyone from maintenance to management were just wonderful, inviting and accomodating. These people really know what hospitality is!! I would reccomend the Holiday Inn Newark Airport to anyone needing to stay in the area. You won't be dissapointed!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank Blair H
dhirsh, Manager at Holiday Inn Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

Thank you for your kind words. We remember you and your family fondly.

Reviewed 26 January 2012

I booked this hotel for my parents, pre- and post-vacation because of its proximity to the airport. They loved it here. They said they had a beautiful room. Front desk was very friendly and helpful. Dinner was very good. Room service (drinks) was fantastic. They would not hesitate to come back here. I am writing this on behalf of my parents with their permission. They do not do reviews but I suggested they do it in this instance because it was top shelf!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank ilovepuntacana
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I do not know where to begin. I was amazed at how helpful staff was giving me info about how to get to the hotel from ewr. Once I arrived my mouth dropped open in amazement when I saw how nice the lobby and restaurant were. Little did I know the rooms were even more amazing and very clean. Although I usually stay with family and friends in the nyc area I will definitely use this hotel again. 2 thumbs up!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank itsminki
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newark
0.9 km away
1.5 km away
Hilton Newark Airport
Hilton Newark Airport
#3 of 14 in Elizabeth

Been to Holiday Inn Newark Airport? Share your experiences!