“Excellent food and service”

Forno's of Spain Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Forno's of Spain Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 648 Restaurants in Newark
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: North Ironbound
Cross street: Union Street
Transit: We are located a two blocks away from Newark Penn Station and New Jersey Transit, which is walking distance.
Description: Fornos of Spain is an award winning Spanish restaurant located in Newark. For an authentic taste of fine Spanish dining, we welcome you to Fornos! **We now provide pickup and return shuttle services to all hotel guests in the Newark area. All guests have to do is call the restaurant. Monday-Thursday, 5pm - 11pm.
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

The paella was amazing , everything fresh and the seafood flavor was very good and a lil spicy.the salad was very good,and the olive oil was flavorful.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

The food is so-so. I've been to better places in Ironbound that taste much better. For seafood, try Seabras or Coimbria. The sangria has whiskey and is strong but you really dont taste it. The ambiance is so-so.

Not a place that is allergy friendly.

Andres R, Owner at Forno's of Spain Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Naveet, I'm sorry you weren't more impressed with our Spanish food. As far as being allergy friendly goes, we always try our best to avoid cross-contact for our guests with allergies. Hope that helps.

Best,

Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

Formos serves all typical Spanish dishes that one expect in a restaurant such as this. Portion are quite large & suitable for sharing. The menu is enormous and contains many steak and seafood items plus chicken and some additional meat dishes. We sampled some steak items, shrimp scampi, whole sea bass and chicken Florentine. We only had flan for desert and it was delightful. Sangria is excellent and there is a full bar available as well as valet parking on site.

It's great you enjoyed everything from our shrimp scampi to our flan! Thanks for recommending a few of our menu items here on Trip Advisor. Hope to see you again soon!

Thanks again,

Reviewed August 21, 2018

Actually dined here 2x on Friday 03 August, first time by luck, second by circumstance.

The afternoon tapas in the bar was on a whim while wandering the Ironbound, and the food was delicious - serveral types of tapas - hubby has Estrella Galicia and me a great Spanish cider. Loved it!

Came back later that evening after a disgusting excuse for a meal at another dining establishment nearby, hoping to erase taste and experience from our souls.

Hmmm. Well, dining room was full, nicely if OTT decorated and the service was outstanding. Paella was once again disappointing...taste was good, but missing the cruchy overdone bottom bits that make a truly great paella, despite the restaurant burbles about how this was the sign on a great paella on their menut and and the waiter and I discussing specifically how this was what I was expecting.

I'd go back in a heartbeat for the tapas, and probs just to people watch; it was like a live episode of the Sopranos or what I imagine Real Housewives of New Jersey looks like out for a Friday night :-)

Andres R, Owner at Forno's of Spain Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2018

Tiffany, it was great to have you twice in one day! While I'm glad you enjoyed our tapas, I wish we had impressed you just as much with our paella. Hoping you'll give us another opportunity to get it exactly to your liking!

Best,

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

The service and food were excellent. Our waiter, Escobar, unfortunately has moved on since our visit . (Well he found a better job with less crazy hours than the restaurant industry so it’s happy) The place is fancy but not so much that it’s suffocating or uncomfortable. I’ve never been the “know what spoon and fork to use” type person but this place still was welcoming. I got sea food with shrimp and lobster and it was fresh and delicious. :) I stole some of my partner’s sausage and it was good too.

The portion sizes are pretty big, at least for me, but they’re happy to give you a doggy bag.

The price is what you’d expect for a fancy date night. I probably would save this for a special occasion. I’d also recommend ubering there because Newark is a hot mess to drive around in. (Also you can enjoy the pitcher of sangria. The red is really good!)

Andres R, Owner at Forno's of Spain Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2018

Leona, I'm glad you and your partner enjoyed a meal at our place -- it's fantastic you liked our red sangria so much! Hoping to have the pleasure of seeing you two again soon.

Thanks,
Andres, Manager

Been to Forno's of Spain Restaurant? Share your experiences!