“Great quaint place and delicious buffet for dinner. ”
Review of Kamal Palace

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Kamal Palace
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed November 11, 2015 via mobile

I came here with my husband and father-in-law when we were returning to Jersey from the city. I happened to be craving Indian food this particular night and I didn't have to look any further than Kamal Palace. Our waiter was excellent in his attentive service to our table. All three of us ended up getting the dinner buffet. For $14.99 per person for the buffet, you really couldn't go wrong. They had many dishes on their lovely buffet spread including vegetable samosas, rice dishes, chicken masala, and much more. We also got naan bread (comes with the buffet option), which our waiter brought to our table. Overall, we loved everything about our dinner and we'll definitely be back when in the area.

Reviewed October 20, 2015

Even though they have many items on their buffet, nothing stands out for flavor. Theyere is a lack of spice and a low level of hotness in all the dishes.

1  Thank LWL3333
Reviewed July 17, 2015

We went here for the dinner. It was a small cozy place. It was a rainy night and we were in the look of a place near to the hotel and a quick search landed us here. The food was quite good and we were happy to find it.

Reviewed September 28, 2014

Went for an impromptu family lunch. Waitstaff was excellent and what little food was on the buffet was absolutely delicious.But it was very small..the restaurant was tiny and the buffet selection was even smaller. The food was good and no alcohol was being served. Adequate parking and very clean restroom. I would go again for the price of 9 for buffet-- but I won't go out of my way to make a special trip.

1  Thank Mamaitaly72
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Courteous and attentive staff. Prices comparable to any other Indian restaurant. Decent but limited seating.

Subpar paneer pakoras with the basin crust almost burnt and the paneer tasting old and stale. Mixed tandoori grill with tandoori chicken, chicken tikkah, lamb kebab and shrimp all very mediocre. Chicken Jalfarezi was not the Jalfarezi that I know. More like a regular chicken curry with a few bell peppers thrown in. Tasted decent but nothing to write home about. Naan were decent. Mango lassi was also sub par with several ice cubes diluting the taste even more. Serving size was the smallest I've seen in an Indian restaurant in the United States hitherto.

I assumed restaurants in New Jersey must be mostly good because of the increased population here but this was a disappointment. I hope this was an exception and not the local standard.