I booked this hotel for my 22yo son travelling to NYC for the first time for a few days sightseeing before heading back home to Australia after so many positive reviews here.
Upon his return home last week he said he was so happy I booked there as it ws perfectly located close to public transport and the people were always friendly and willing to help with advise at all times.
He mentioned it is loacated in an industrial type area, with no views to speak of and he probably wouldn't recommend it for the elderly or young families as the walk to the bus stop is a bit of a challenge and in his words "could be a bit dodgy at night"
Other than that the bus drivers were helpful and friendly and it is the ideal spot for sightseeing on a budget as it is 5 minutes from downtown and its clean, great beds, showers and breakfast, what more could you want if just wanting a nice place to rest your head each night.
No food places nearby though so eating out in town before coming home is essential.
He loved it and NYC and would definatately highly recommend the hotel as a great place to stay for a few days sightseeing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express offers a first-class hotel experience in the heart of the New York Metro area. This North Bergen hotel is minutes from New York University, Continental Airlines Arena, the Empire State Building, Jacob K. Javits Convention Center and Columbia University. The Newark Liberty International Airport is 10 miles away. The hotel is easily accessible from Route 1, Route 9, Route 3 and the New Jersey Turnpike. Newark Penn Station is also close to the hotel. Manhattan and New York City are minutes away via the Lincoln Tunnel, Holland Tunnel and George Washington Bridge. Greenwich Village, Madison Square Garden Arena, Times Square and Broadway are also nearby. This North Bergen hotel features a daily free, hot, Continental breakfast buffet. Additional amenities include free local calls, free weekday newspaper and free coffee. Guests will also enjoy the 24-hour exercise room and outdoor pool. Business travelers will appreciate conveniences like free high-speed Internet access in the room and access to copy and fax services. Our meeting room can accommodate up to 20 people for most events and business functions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel Hotel North Bergen
- Palace Hotel New Jersey
- Holiday Inn Express Lincoln Tunnel
- Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel New Jersey