All reviews living space next year rooms are small large sun deck family vacation heated pool maintenance staff great ocean room efficiency extended family beach vacation excellent location my home away from home place is clean ocean view first floor ice machine
Reviewed September 17, 2017

The room was nice and clean. The maids are nice and friendly and they do their job well. I have been staying here since the 90s. I will continue to stay at the American Inn Motel because it is one of the nicest Motel in North Wildwood, New Jersey.

Room Tip: It would be nice to have ample outlets for guests to use in the bedroom and by the table .
Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
motel513, Front Office Manager at American Inn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2017

Thank you for your review. Your comments about the cleanliness of the rooms will be passed to housekeeping. We appreciate your continued patronage and look forward to seeing you in 2018.

Reviewed September 16, 2017

The staff was great, very friendly and helpful! The rooms were clean and the pool was very nice and clean. The room we had provided all cooking utensils and cookware and towels for the kitchen. We loved the amazing views from the top floor patio, it was absolutely beautiful!! Everything was just great and we are coming back again just as soon as we can...You couldn't ask for a better location, right on the beach and steps from the boardwalk!

Room Tip: style "A" which had separate bedroom with 2 full beds, LR, small kitchen, fridge. All of the cookware, utensils with plates and cups.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. our goal is to insure that our guest are in a welcoming and beautiful setting and they have everything they need to enjoy their much needed vacation stay. Sunrises and sunsets are our specialty. We are looking forward to your next visit. Thank You.

Reviewed September 11, 2017

Literally...I've been coming to the American Inn for as long as I can remember. This is the first time I've actually booked the room under my name, but I've probably been here 20 times over the course of the 33 years of my existence. Over that time I have watched this place steadily improve each season. It's good to know that they are improving each year and I would love to see more marketing around yearly improvements in any emails or brochures that may go out.

So about the check in process...well relatively it's easy. Pull in on the side and leave everything in the car. Have cash ready for the balance of your bill in order to get the cash discount. That mildly annoys me to carry that much cash on hand but I appreciate getting a lower cost. Trade off I suppose.

Plenty of parking around back after we checked in and moved the car. Never once felt like I wouldn't get a spot when I chose to leave and go out. It's super close and easy to get your luggage from the car to the room as well.

Speaking of getting luggage to your room, there are entrances on both ends and in the middle of the building which are easily accessible from the back. If you take the middle entrance you'll arrive at a large elevator which takes you to the 2nd and 3rd floors. Our room was on the first floor, pool side, but my pregnant wife took the elevator up to the 3rd floor where we enjoyed a large sun deck (or moon deck...it's beautiful for watching the moon rise over the ocean).

The room that we were in was a clean, simple studio style room which is PLENTY of room for 2 people. I noticed new tiled floors this year and surprisingly not slippery at all so I was pleased with that as we ran to our room from the pool one chilly night. The beds and sheets should probably be on the short list of updates for next year though. Don't hesitate to save a few and book this room unless it's really worth getting a better ocean view on the 3rd floor. To us it wasn't since we were only in the room to sleep. TIP: They start getting the pool area ready around 7am and aren't too quiet about it. If you're a light sleeper and wish to sleep longer you might want to get a larger room with a back bedroom or move up a floor or two. It wasn't a big deal for us, but was jarring the first morning.

The heated pool is large enough to accommodate many people and includes a kiddy pool. It's pretty clean, but you can tell it gets a lot of use during the day. TIP: most folks go to eat after 5. Plan a trip to the pool while they're dining and you'll have it all to yourself!

The location in general is super convenient to everything you'd want from the boardwalk to the beach and multiple local hidden gems like Russo's. You really can't go wrong with the quiet location here.

Overall we'll definitely be keeping the American Inn on our list for the next time that we visit Wildwood. Next time it will be with our new child and we can't wait to share the experiences with him/her! Thanks for helping to make our babymoon a pleasant one!

Room Tip: Top floor rooms offer a great view
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
motel513, Front Office Manager at American Inn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2017

We would like to thank you for your comments and your continued patronage. Your suggestions have been noted and are very important to us as we like the input from our guests. Good luck with your new baby and we will see you next year.

Reviewed August 15, 2017

We've been going to the American for three years now. On the plus side, the rooms are very clean, the staff is pleasant , helpful, and accomodating. The location is great - children can run from the room to the beach as the front of the motel is paved and closed to traffic. Children can walk to the boardwalk. The rooms are pricey @ $240 a night in peak season. The rooms could use updating. The gold bedspreads are ancient. The carpets in the bedrooms could be redone also. The water in the pool has a grey look to it and I saw maintenance scrubbing the grey residue off of the gate spindles separating the baby pool from the rest of the pool. Why was it so dingy? I would also like to pay by credit card - carrying around $2000 in cash is a bit much.
That being said - if the family choses to return to the American next year, we will be there!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
motel513, Front Office Manager at American Inn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We do a major upgrade every year and last year it was tile floors in the front room of all the suites! Bedding and carpets are being considered. Your issue with our pool I am not sure I understand. The pool will become a little cloudy in the afternoon due to heavy use and body oil and suntan lotion being the cause. The spindles are scrubbed for the same reason that they get a ring of residue at the water level. I have never seen our pool dingy. You may also use a credit card upon check in and there would be a 3% surcharge charged for this service. We hope that you will choose us for the 2018 summer season.

Reviewed August 5, 2017

Clean rooms, pool is always clean, friendly and helpful staff. This was our second year here and we look forward to returning next year. Motel is located right on the beach that is a plus and being a little off the boardwalk keeps it quieter then being in the heart of Wildwood.

Room Tip: 2nd and 3rd floors have view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
motel513, Front Office Manager at American Inn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review the American Inn. We enjoy our returning guest as they become part of the family!