All reviews friendly owners half block from the beach coffee pot the grill nice pool within walking distance can't wait to go back place to stay jane lawrence motel vacation boardwalk summer accommodations inlet playground
Reviewed September 23, 2016

The Jade East is the only motel I stay at when vacationing in Wildwood. The owners, Jane and Steve, are the most friendliest people I have ever met and will make sure your stay is very enjoyable. The pool is heated and the rooms are very clean.

Date of stay: September 2016
1  Thank Babsbrd
JadeEast2014, Owner at Jade East Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2017

We hope to see you back in 2017.

Reviewed September 13, 2016

We frequent Wildwood all year round and always stay the last week in August annually. Since our original reservation fell through close to our travel date we worried we would never find anything we like last minute that was clean, good location, dog friendly and not filled with a bunch of loud riff-raff tenants. After research and reading positive reviews on Jade East I emailed Jane whom was very helpful in planning the week we wanted. I mailed out a deposit and my spot was guaranteed reserved (pretty simple process).

Onto check-in and our stay: check-in was after 1pm we were told which was fine we were able to go elsewhere with our dog although we do prefer an earlier check in when vacationing in Wildwood, Check-in was easy, staff and management our kind and if you need something you can always ask them. I always arrive with my own, blankets, pillow, towels and CLEANING PRODUCTS b/c I dislike a dirty room...well, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Jade East is on-top of the cleaning, they also provided towels and I didn't even skeeve sleeping in their bedding which is unlike me, HA! They even provide toiletries ..thanks Jade East for caring about the cleanliness of your rooms. The space of rooms are adequate, better then others I have seen on island. The other tenants seemed friendly I am sure how meticulous the owners are they wouldn't allow bad tenants therefore we didn't have to deal with anybody who was inconsiderate but I will say since the pool area is small-when the Motel is at full capacity with lots of kids too I am sure it would be difficult to relax by pool (just book your stay mostly during week vs weekend) I say this because as we were leaving the weekend the place started to get packed with lots of loud young children (I love kids, I am a mom) just want some peace by a pool at times!
There is also a grill on premises that you can share with others along with one table so again it was no problem for us but being the area is on smaller size I am sure when a full house you will have to wait your turn. The owners are always walking around, cleaning up the outside, always available to chat with or answer any concerns you may have... I think they kept a little closer eye on us the first few days being we were new renters but they didn't make me feel uncomfortable in any way.

All in all we had a lovely stay and we would return. The only thing that was slightly upsetting is their dog policy on crating your dog anytime you leave room even if it's for a short while. I pay extra to have my dog in room so I would think I wouldn't have to crate him whole time, he's a good dog and he was pretty sad to be crated most of the trip :-( but they have rules in place for a reason.

Give them a try, it definitely won't disappoint for the value!

Room tip: Even though the Motel says Dog-Friendly please note that they want your dog crated anytime you leave room even for a short while.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
JadeEast2014, Owner at Jade East Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2016

We are so glad you had such a positive experience with us. Your dog was an excellent "tenant" too. The reason we have a crate rule is for your protection as well as ours. Occasionally a worker has to enter your room when you are not there, maybe to fix a leaking faucet or attend to a problem. Since the dog is always crated when you are out of the room, there is no chance that dog will escape when the door is opened.

There is a beautiful ocean view sun deck on the third level with plenty of chaise lounges and chairs for you to enjoy your quiet reading. Many people who stay with us don't even know it exists and comment, "Oh I did not even know there was a sun deck up there!"
Next time take a little walk upstairs and you will be pleasantly surprised. We hope to see you next season.

Reviewed August 22, 2016

We were only there for 2 days, but the family was very friendly, easy with parking and great beach location. Rooms were big and very clean.. its a small (typical Jersey Shore) motel, but overall they get the basics right..

2  Thank Broncosfan1973
Reviewed August 15, 2016 via mobile

Steve and Jane are flexible, accommodating and the friendliest management/owners I've ever encountered. We arrived a bit early on Sunday morning and they allowed us to check-in as soon as the room was clean so we could change into our swimsuits and get out to the beach (not quite a block away and visible from the third floor deck). They take pride in their family-run business and it shows in the cleanliness and updated decor of the motel. Will return in the future.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2016

third year staying at the Jade East. could not be happier. it's like finding that little comfort zone. Quiet with accommodating staff and owners Jane and Steve Lawrence. can't thank them all enough. Second stay here for friends of mine also could not be happier. until next year!

Date of stay: July 2016