“Vietnamese Dining”

Huong Viet
Ranked #27 of 84 Restaurants in Nutley
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed December 21, 2017

First time I've had Vietnamese dining. I didn't know what to expect but was pleasantly surprised.Everything was prepared fresh for us and was very tasty.Will definitely go there again.

1  Thank Alan B

Reviewed November 10, 2017

Went here as my favorite spot, Binh Duong in Belleville, NJ, was closed as they are every Tuesday. The restaurant is dark even from the outside, let alone a rainy cold day like it was. When you walk in you are eventually greeted by a VERY old man, who sits and plays casino games on his laptop behind the counter. The decor looks like a coffee shop in Manila, that has been converted into a restaurant, with "Asian" decorations hastily thrown up onto the walls. Several lights do not work, casting dark shadows and making the place look like a seedy back-alley bar that fronts as a legitimate business. When we ordered our food, the old man's description of the food was completety different from what we were served. We order, Crispy pan fried noodles with beef, and received something that resembled al-dente fettuccine egg noodles served with overcooked broccoli and cat-beef. We tried it because we were starving and were rewarded with the taste of dry macaroni and leftover Chinese food. We had also ordered Pho(Vietnamese rice noodle soup) which is a staple of every Vietnamese restaurant. The soup stock was very weak and you could taste the NJ tap water flavoring through the seasoning of the soup. The noodles weren't the typical rice noodles, but were more like under cooked spaghetti noodles. Our lemongrass pork chops, were still pink inside when they were served to us and the "done" pieces barely had any flavoring. The cook brought out the dishes from the kitchen, for the old man to serve us, and she was even older than he. As we stared at our food, waiting for the old man to finish his casino computer game, another woman gave him a glare and brought out food to our table, nearly throwing the dish down out of impatience. DO NOT GO HERE, I can tolerate bad service, but bad food + bad service + bad ambience is a disgrace.

Reviewed May 18, 2016

Just Great Food. You will not be disappointed, just doesn't happen there..If you desire classic Viet/French on a high level, this may be the only place to go to in Essex County. And, they will indeed cook to order. Fantastic place for eat in or take out.

Reviewed February 29, 2016

I try to stop by to grab some pho from this restaurant when I visit family in New Jersey. I love the pho with beef tendon. :) Perfect on a cold night.

Reviewed February 10, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I were craving Pho and found this cute little gem in Clifton. It seems to be run by a husband and wife. The shrimp summer rolls and Beef Pho were great and the ingredients were fresh. My husband ordered the red curry which was delicious! Good size portions and a great value! We traveled from northern Bergen county and will be returning with friends next time.

Been to Huong Viet? Share your experiences!