“Very Disappointed ”
Review of Panera Bread

Panera Bread
Reviewed August 29, 2017 via mobile

I am on the road often for work and Panera is usually a consistent choice. I frequent the Ocean store since it's closest to my office, however it is hit or miss on quality. Three strikes now and I won't be going back. My $16.00 lobster roll sandwich (to go) came with no lettuce and soggy (thawed frozen) lobster meat. So much sog that by the time I was back at my office to eat it the wrapper was a complete mess of water.

Last week my 1/2 chicken salad sandwich came on a piece of bread that was half the size of the filling spilling out of it. You know, that first piece of bread right after the heel? I couldn't believe the person who made it didn't see the problem with using a 3" slice of bread to make a sandwich. It couldn't be eaten as a sandwich. I had to cut it up and eat it with a fork.

Today, same problem with my turkey avocado BLT. The sourdough bread slice used for my 1/2 sandwich was almost non-existent. I spoke to a manager (Nicole) who while very pleasant and smiling, could contribute absolutely nothing substantive to my inquiry but to admit that the "sandwich" was made on bread that was too small. She commented that they have been having issues with the size of their loaves lately and that "someone else comes in here and makes our bread so we can't so there's nothing we can do about it". Really? Your store is Panera BREAD. Bread is pretty much the mainstay there and quality control should be more of a manager priority.

Other area Panera Bread locations don't seem to be having the same problem with tiny bread slices that this location has, so if I'm in the mood for Panera again, I'll drive to Shrewsbury where they know how to make a sandwich.

Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

Above average for the rest of the chain. The service is always fast. Usually come here sometimes on my lunch hour or after work to grab a quick bite to eat.

Reviewed July 4, 2017 via mobile

We have had a variety of different experiences. One time they gave us the wrong food. Another time we order chicken and it wasn't cook throughly. The tomato soup is very good. And now the have lobster rolls which are 20 bucks and delicious! Some of the staff can tend to be a little moody at the register.

Reviewed May 29, 2017 via mobile

I enjoy Panera's food and eat their food several times a month. It's convenient for a quick salad to grab and go when I'm busy.

However, this store is the worst. So many problems over many visits that I refuse to go there again. Slow and rude. One time my ticket only had my first intial and last name and they kept just calling my initial and in such a whiny way I didn't even recognize it. It sounded like a totally different name. Finally, when I was the only one left after a long line got their food and left, I went up and asked about my food and they said 'we kept calling you'. Even when I was the only person left, they didn't even ask me what my name was, or call out my last name.

Reviewed February 4, 2017 via mobile

They got the order wrong and the chicken in the salad was clumped together and frozen. Got money back and considering there is a lot of alternative places to go in the area will never return to any Panera. Panera now sucks.