“Well worth a visit”

Ranked #5 of 20 Ocean City B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed 15 October 2010

We wanted to spend 3 days relaxing before heading back to Australia after 4 weeks travelling in the US. We found a gem of a B&B in Scarborough Inn, hosts who couldn't do enough to help, a beautiful relaxing and very comfortable place to stay and a central position making it easy to explore Cape May ( a highly recommended trip), Philadelphia and Atlantic City. It would be a perfect location for a family holiday especially with the beach close by which is good for long walks. Well worth a visit.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MarianneandDavid

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 October 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Scarborough Inn recently and found it to be a great visit. Our room was somewhat small but bright (and we had been warned the room was small when we booked it). It was charming and romantic with a comfortable bed. Our breakfast was delicious with many choices to suit all types of appetites. There also was a personal coffee pot for early morning coffee and a TV. The wrap around porch with rockers was very relaxing in the evenings. One of the best things was reserved parking for guests, tho once parked just about everything was within walking distance, the beach is only about 2 blocks away. There is also a nice library and computer available with wireless internet. We also were able to extend our stay past checkout, showering after a visit to the beach at the outside enclosed showers and changing area for a comfortable ride home. The staff were all very pleasant and helpful. We definitely will return here. In fact, we booked a weekend for next year before we left.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Phila
Reviewed 12 October 2010

Common rooms are pleasant and large. Rooms are somewhat small, but it's an old hotel. Bathroom was new. A very nice stay in a nice town. I will be returning. I stayed in the Palma room which wasn't pink or flowery (required by me).

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Adirondack Foothills of NY State
Reviewed 8 October 2010

This was our 2nd stay at Scarborough Inn. We booked at the last minute when we knew the weather would be nice. A short, two block walk brings you to the beach. Rooms are nicely appointed, though some are small. Afternoon tea/coffee and snack were nice .. tasty, too! Very nice conversation with the manager on duty who explained that the breakfasts had changed to keep up with rising costs. Instead of breakfast being served, you may now help yourself and make your own waffles (which were very good .. better than hotel waffles). Delicious breakfast sweets are still available as well as other usual breakfast items. We really appreciated being able to leave our car on the last day and continue our day at the beach. They also offered their outdoor shower and dressing area for us to freshen up and change though we checked out at 11 am! We definitely plan to return.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 October 2010

My fiance and I stayed at the Scarborough Inn during our most recent visit to Ocean City. Located only about 2 blocks from the boardwalk, the location and trip to the beach was a very easy one.

The Inn is quite large with many rooms, but I never felt overwhelmed by the amount of people there, despite them being sold out for the weekend. The breakfasts were EXCELLENT! Not a whole lot of options as they serve the same hot plate to everyone, but the choice was great and the cooking wonderful.

In addition to breakfast, the Inn serves refreshments every afternoon. While there, we enjoyed chips and salsa and fresh-baked brownies with coffee, tea, and iced tea. It was great to have a snack as we skipped lunch in lieu of being at the beach.

The rooms were a bit smaller than I expected, but that didn't take away from the enjoyment. Good channel selection with Comcast cable with an LCD TV. We had a DVD/VCR in the room, but did not use it. Shower pressure was good, but seemed to be a low-flow shower-head. Cleanliness of the room was fine and the bed was quite comfortable. The only problem I had was trouble getting on-line with their wireless, but I didn't really try very hard. That was likely just a blessing as I'm glad I didn't have to deal with e-mail or anything else that would take away from our relaxation.

We will definitely look to stay at the Scarborough Inn again next time we are going to Ocean City and would certainly recommend it to just about anyone.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank phyrn
Westminster, Maryland
Reviewed 19 September 2010

If you're looking for a relaxing place at the beach for a few days or a week I would highly recommend The Scarborough Inn Bed and Breakfast. I have personally stayed there for the last 20+ years (I believe I only missed one year) and we are never disappointed.
Outstanding accomodations and the owners and staff are very personable and accomodating.
I highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed 17 September 2010

Other reviews on Trip Advisor nicely sum up my experience on my nearly annual stays over the past 10 years. I did not set out to give this B&B top ratings in all categories, but I think it only fair to do so after reflecting on my experience. The location is an easy walk to the ocean, boardwalk, and downtown Ocean City shopping and an easy drive to visit Lucy, the elephant, in Margate to the north and Cape May to the south (both worthwhile destinations). There certainly are less expensive places to stay in Ocean City, but you get what you pay for. Specials are offered at Scarborough Inn for budget-conscious guests. The Inn is big enough to spread out on the large porch and in the main parlor, library, and computer/game room, but small enough for management to provide personal attention. The Inn is a well-managed place with attention to detail that shows in many ways and makes a visit very enjoyable. It has always been a quiet place when I've been there, although I saw the one terrible review posted by a person who had the misfortune of timing his or her visit when a large family reunion was hosted at the Inn in June 2009 (I will be careful making reservations to avoid that problem in the future). If you are considering your first stay, do not hesitate. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple