Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$209
PricelineUS$209
Expedia.comUS$209
FindHotelUS$209
TravelocityUS$209
All reviews people watch ocean breeze beach hotel definitely stay here again front porch
Selected filters
Reviewed July 27, 2020

Loved this place. Super friendly, clean. In walking distance to the beach. Cute little shop down stairs. We will definitely stay here again. Lots of close restaurants. Bike rentals were a block away. Great place

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed July 24, 2020

Should have paid attention to other reviews. Very dirty, old and run down. Had to fill the garbage can with water to flush toilet. Thought about just sleeping 8n my car. At $250 some of that could be put into fixing the place.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank dwith5
Reviewed July 12, 2020

Yes, it''s an old hotel, in fact it's a historical building, some of us appreciate keeping some history around. Honestly, if you're at the beach and spending all of your time in your hotel room, you're there for the wrong reasons. Beds, tv, fridge, bathroom with a shower - all the basics you need to sleep, shower, change, chill between adventures. Very reasonable rates, excellent, friendly customer service from everyone on staff. The best part? Even after you check out, they have some extra rooms to use if you want to squeeze in one more beach day, to rinse off, change and get yourself together. It's so close to the boardwalk and the beach, and pleny of fooderies in town within walking distance too. I've been bringing my son down for his birthday weekend for the past few years since we stopped camping, and I hope to continue the tradition for years to come.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank BeachWalker421
Reviewed July 5, 2020

The only nice thing I can say about this place is that the front desk staff ( with the exception of one) were very pleasant. The Inn has NO ELEVATOR which would not be a problem if rooms weren't 3 flights up in narrow, hot hallways. The room we got has 2 rooms with a doorway...no door blocking the 2 areas. Not ideal. The standalone sink (no vanity) was in the bedroom. The medicine cabinet was taped shut because the door wouldn't stay shut and posed dangerous when exiting the bathroom. The bathroom has a box-shaped aftermarket shower that was filthy. There was barely any space to do a 360 turn in it...which didn't make sense because there was ample room in the bathroom. The shower curtain did not contain the water. The caulking was exposed all over. The pipes were exposed, including the blue and red rubber tubing. HUGE eyesore. The water took 17 minutes (I timed it) to get warm. Horrible water pressure and the whole shower felt like it was going to fall over at any moment. The dresser was old and the drawers stuck. Also an eyesore. There were no curtains, only blinds, so even at 1am it felt like noon in the room from the street lights. The air conditioner units were window units. The one room had no filter and hummed so loudly. Both a/cs were plugged into power strips- huge fire hazard that I complained about twice. The mini fridge smelled of rotten milk... How cliche is that? Every time we opened it the smell lingered for 10 minutes. It was nauseating. Drunk kids and teens crowded the halls and porch at all hours...I assume because there was no staff present. I will say the room was quiet, though. You could not hear street noise. Outdoor pool was quaint, but not upkept. Sand covered the whole bottom and it was not vacuumed and of the days we used it. The railing was loose (I let desk know) and my daughter fell and cut her leg. The whole experience was disheartening. This place was a literal example of "no one cares about the rooms so we can overcharge for beach and boardwalk use." I will never return here. I loved Inns until this experience. Back to hotel/motels for me. Property never answered me. I went through third party booking site who contacted on my behalf and was simply told to speak to the desk for housekeeping issues and "no compensation will be given". I didn't want compensation. I would pay 3x the amount for an OCNJ room. I just wanted a clean and habitable room.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Kaitlynricci88
Reviewed June 26, 2020

We stayed for 4 days and 3 nights this past week. We chose apartment 2, which is the exterior of the building on the side. 2 bedrooms (one full size bed and second has two twins, a living room with a couch and one chair, a kitchen, and one bathroom. The location is great on 8th st. Close to many restaurants, a few minute walk to the beach/boardwalk. The girls at the front desk were all very friendly. There is one parking spot per vehicle, first come first serve. There is a very small pool behind the property but it lacks ample seating.

As for the stay itself, the apartment could use update and a good cleaning. During our stay , not once did housekeeping come. So no one was there to get new towels/take used ones, take out trash, vacuum etc. We had to go to the front desk and get bath towels each day and one day one of the girls came down for our trash. The bathroom is very small, and there is a tiny standing shower. One towel rack in the bathroom. The beds are rock hard and the bedding is very thin. The A/C units are inches from the beds so it can get very cold. There are no hand towels so bring paper towels to dry your hands after washing. You need to bring your own beach towels which is fine, but the space lacks anywhere to hang things after the beach or pool. If you decided to cook there is no sponge or dishsoap to wash anything.

Overall, due to the dingy, outdated, and unclean conditions, I would not recommend staying. If they did some updating and deep cleaning maybe.

Date of stay: June 2020