2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$209
FindHotelUS$137
Expedia.comUS$137
TravelocityUS$137
Trip.comUS$209
All reviews surf cafe room was very clean and comfortable very nice place to stay motel pool oc beach summer
Selected filters
Reviewed September 29, 2019

I've stayed here twice so far this year. I've stayed in 2 different sections of the hotel. Both times I've been pleased with the service and conditions. Rooms were very clean, quiet and relaxing. Traveling alone I've always felt very safe here as well. Very nice place. Looking forward to staying here again.

Reviewed September 14, 2019

When we checked in, there was an issue with our room,no questions asked they upgraded us to a lovely suite and couldn't do enough to please us!! Great location to the boardwalk and also restaurants very close by!

Reviewed September 6, 2019

If all your looking for is a clean place to rest your head while vacationing in Ocean City, then this is it, no glamour here but it is clean and the pool appears well maintained. It has obviously been there for a long time and needs alot of cosmetic work but the staff was great and the A/C worked well. being a block from the boardwalk doesn't hurt either.

Room tip: second floor rooms are quieter
Reviewed September 3, 2019

Pros: Great location. A few blocks from the beach. The pool is well-maintained and each night I saw it being cleaned and tested. The Forum also has a cute kiddie pool that is one foot deep next to the adult pool. My little kids loved that along with the stuffed dolphin and stuffed shark they were given by the front desk when we arrived. (It was a nice touch and appreciated -- but it was all down hill after this.) And, when I complained to the front desk that I cut my arm on the broken glass counter-top on our dresser, the staff promptly came and removed the broken glass counter-top.

Cons: All of the money the hotel spends is clearly on its website and marketing. The rooms are dated, the wall paper is peeling, the towels are small and scratchy with faint stains here and there. The bathroom sink, where you would put all of your toiletries, shares a counter with the microwave. And, there was a candy wrapper on the floor near the night stand when we arrived and some hair on the bathroom floor.

After tax, we spent $450 per night on a motel that is not well maintained. I understand that it was Labor Day weekend, so that is what we paid for, along with the nearness to the beach, but we were very disappointed by the lack of care paid to the condition of the rooms.

Lastly, we checked out 20 minutes late -- I know, our bad. However, we received three phone calls during those 20 minutes and a knock at the door. After the first call, 10-15 minutes after check-out, we picked up and said we were on our way down. Less than 5 minutes later we had two more calls and a knock at the door. Seriously? I have never been harassed to get out of a room ever. Let alone one we paid $450 a night for. We will not be returning.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed September 3, 2019

As most of the reviews indicated the location is fantastic at the forum. It is just a short walk to the beach and boardwalk. The room was also very clean(which when staying at the Jersey shore is always a big worry). The staff was also helpful and nice.

I guess the knock here is that the rooms are dated especially the bathroom and wall mounted AC unit(which seemed to have a mind of its own). Also the cost of staying at the Jersey Shore is expensive no matter where you stay and was no different here. The hotel is not cheap and the taxes for stays in NJ is silly something about 15%ish although not the fault of the hotel adds to the cost.

Date of stay: August 2019