Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$299
Agoda.comUS$299
TripadvisorUS$299
StayForLong
Hotels.com
All reviews two night stay the penthouse beach tags enjoyed our stay off season few blocks hotel room many years kitchenette balcony pool boardwalk ocnj accommodations summer
Selected filters
Reviewed June 29, 2020

I wanted a change in scenery since being in the house for the last 3 months but I didn't really want to travel too far with my kids. I finally decided on going to Ocean City. I made my reservation with the hotel for a two night stay during the week. The young lady Sue was very pleasant and answered a few of my questions about what was open in the area. She informed me that the hotel was a few blocks away from the boardwalk. We packed our bags and headed down the shore. After check in I was told that housekeeping would not be regularly servicing the room which I was relieved to hear. I felt safer knowing that nobody would inside of our room. I always have my own cleaning supplies any way due to traveling with kids. After settling in we were able to relax in the room. The furniture reminded me of Pier 1. We sat on the balcony and people watched for awhile. I was able to cook a light meal for my family and then we went to the pool. The pool was great and just what we needed. It wasn't crowded due to the CDC restrictions in place. There was only 15 people allowed at a time. My family was able to socially distance and still have fun. It really just felt so good to get out the house. My family really enjoyed our stay. We went to the beach and walked along the boardwalk. The beach tags were free with our stay. We had pizza and ice cream. I'm so happy that we were able to do something a little normal.

1  Thank nottien
Reviewed June 20, 2020

I am not sure what hotels photos were from but they were NOT from this one. We stayed for the weekend at $350.00 a night in the “Penthouse Suite”. It was small cramped and the bedding and furnishings are like something you expect to find at a pay by the hour motel.
After booking nobody notified us that the pool was still closed.
There was no maid service. Excuse was for Covid safety
. Really?? We found that out upon check in. The room was Not sanitized (we found that out when we entered the room and found utensils behind the microwave . A light next to the bed was not working. The mini fridge door had a crack. But the maids tip envelope was prominently laid out on the kitchenette counter, although maid service is canceled so what am I tipping for??
If you travel. If you expect a Penthouse Suite to be as stated. I have stayed at motel 6 on business trips and seminars that put this place to shame.
Save your money and go elsewhere.
This was my first trip to Ocean City ever and as a direct result of this it is also my last.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank jimcB1656GX
Melba Davis, General Manager at Biscayne Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2020

Dear Jim C,

I'm so sorry that you were disappointed in your stay. Whenever something is not to your satisfaction, please let the frontdesk know. Our rooms are individually owned. We could have moved you to an updated unit. We will certainly in touch with this owner regarding necessary updates. We pride ourselves on our housekeeping and apologize for the mishap in your cleaning. You room was sanitized with a uv/ozone machine prior to your check in. Please, never go away unhappy. Always give us the chance to correct it.

Reviewed June 19, 2020

Despite Covid we wanted to get away for a couple days for Father's Day weekend. We had never been to Ocean City NJ, other than a day trip.
I booked 2 weeks prior to our visit on June 19th. Wanting the weekend to be special I booked a Penthouse Suite at this hotel at $340 a night.
Upon check in we were informed the state doesn't allow pools to open until June 22nd. This would have been nice to know PRIOR to our arrival. We were also informed that there was NO daily maid service.....for our safety. Not sure how its for our safety to NOT clean the room daily and sanitize, but this was again never advised prior to arrival. An email, a call, something. We don't live in NJ so we don't follow the state restrictions.
We would have packed items for the beach, but we took it in stride and said...ok we will just rent stuff for the beach.
We got our room key for room 403, a penthouse suite which was over $700 for two nights. We struggled getting a cart to our car bc there are no ramps so my husband had to lift a loaded luggage cart over a curb to access the elevator.
We get to our room and i was shocked that this dated 80s hotel room was called a penthouse suite. The bathroom is smaller than my home powder room. We had a lovely view of the rusted roofs of homes (no water front option was made available so we assumed all the suites were a nice view). The balcony which offered two old chairs that baked in the sun with metal arms, no small table for a drink or anything, and frankly no covering whatsoever so you could NOT sit outside unless you wanted to bake in the sun. You charge people extra for this space but it is clearly a dated and budget room. The furniture was old, scraped, and very dated. The TV was ridiculously small. A dated carpet. A dated decor. And the audacity to put a tip envelope in the room for the maid?! What maid?
I am attaching pictures so you could see the flashback to Dirk Diggler's condo.
You are charging people premium pricing, removing half the amenities, no mention of this prior to booking. As a first time visit to this hotel and OC, I can tell you I will never stay here again. The front desk was aloof at best. Almost annoyed to be working.
The room across the hall was being cleaned and seemed a little more updated, so perhaps we had a very old room. No price differences that I saw advertised.
I can clearly see why the Jersey shore is losing money hand over fist. They really need to get their act together. I have traveled all over the world and for $350 a night you got beautiful rooms. This place is a a leftover 80s joke.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Sightsee354608
Melba Davis, General Manager at Biscayne Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2020

Dear Sightsee,

I'm sorry that you were so disappointed in your stay.

Everyone should have been notified prior to arrival that our pool was not permitted to be open yet, per our governor. I will review the procedure with our front desk to be sure that guests are made aware of important notifications prior to their trip to Ocean City.

Our rooms are individually owned and it appears that we may need to address some needed upgrades with the owner of the unit in which you stayed.

We are in an unusual and unprecedented time right now and are dealing with the Covid 19 in the best way that we can. Most guests don't want housekeeping in their room because of the Covid 19. When your room is cleaned prior to your arrival, it is sanitized with a uv/ozone machine to protect you. That is always our concern.

Please feel free to call me if you'd like to discuss anything else regarding your visit with us.

Reviewed June 17, 2020 via mobile

Our room / BR looks NOTHING like the one shown in ad. The furnishings are dated.... looks to be from 1972

The bathroom is tiny. There are no free toiletries. There are huge dispensing machines on the wall for soap/ shampoo.

I do like the kitchenette.....& I like the balcony.

The front desk crew are less than hospitable.

Would never return .

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank JerseyShoreWarnerGal

Dear JerseyShoreWarnerGal,

I'm sorry you were less than delighted with your room. Our rooms are individually owned and had you let us know at the frontdesk we could have moved you to a different unit. The unit owner will be notified of your disappoint if you get in touch with us to let us know in which room you stayed. In an effort to go "Go Green" we are supplying shampoo etc in a pump format mounted on the wall. We have individual amenities available for anyone who chooses to ask for them. Please always let the frontdesk know when something is not to your satisfaction. Biscayne Suites never wants a guest to go away unhappy.

Reviewed January 17, 2020

Everything was very nice and spacious, not too long of a walk from the boardwalk, nice view. Receptionist was nice and helped me find a few places to eat during the off time of year. Will be looking to book again during the summer. Biggest knocks were that the public spaces seemed to be a little bit unkempt, but during the off season, this is more understandable. The bathroom was a little bit crammed and had fluorescent lighting which was a bit jarring. All was good other than that.

Date of stay: November 2019