Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$109
View deal
Agoda.comUS$109
PricelineUS$109
TripadvisorUS$109
ZenHotels.com
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 14, 2019 via mobile

Our family has been coming to Ocean City for over 45 years, unfortunately the hotel that we would normally stay at was booked. Sifting sands is quite possibly the dirtiest and filthiest place that I have ever walked into in my life. You would seriously be better off sleeping under the boardwalk, it would be cleaner and more comfortable. The bathroom was filthy, the kitchen area was disgusting, the beds were like flapjacks. The parking lot is an absolute nightmare to navigate, the people at the front desk were rude the other guests were sketchy at best.

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank Biggib01
Reviewed July 14, 2019

Stayed just one night in Unit 19. Very clean, two separate rooms with a queen bed and tv in each, small kitchenette, nice pool, free parking, free beach badges. Super comfortable beds too. Front desk staff are all EXCELLENT. Very friendly and professional. Would definitely go back. It is not fancy, but in OC, we live at the beach and boards so it was a perfect place to sleep, cool off in the pool and shower. :)

Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed July 1, 2019

My husband and I booked this property to see a concert at the Music Pier. Unfortunately the concert was postponed and we were never given any kind of notice. This created an unnecessary visit and added expense to us. The kindness of the front desk helped us by allowing us to cancel one of our nights. Now onto requesting a refund for the cancelled show. In any event we feel we were given excellent customer service and for this reason I'm saying a public thank you. It's rare that businesses listen to sincere concerns and follow through helping in this kind manner.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2018

Sifting sands Motel

This was A very modest motel . I stayed here w/ my family for a few nights and check in was easy . The receptionist was very friendly . Parking was extremely tight for larger vehicles, the swimming pool was one of the cleanest I’ve seen. The room cleanliness was ok but what I was impressed w/ that just in passing w the manager ( i believe it was Karen) I mentioned the cleaning of room was ok , than my family & I went off to board walk and upon returning the entire room was scrubbed , new sheets, extra pillows, extra towels , bathroom cleaned out of sand etc. Karen listened and took it to the next level thanks Karen & the young lady I met who did the cleaning was super nice . The room fit 6 people comfortably and the beds were comfortable too.

Room tip: Rm29 was tiled huge bathroom w tub and fits 6 comfortably
Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
KarenE2718, General Manager at Sifting Sands Motel, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2018

Thank you for choosing Sifting Sands Motel and for your awesome review! It is always our goal to exceed our guests' expectations. Thank you for assuring us that we achieved our goal with you! We hope to see you and your family next summer.

Reviewed August 7, 2018

We stayed here for 3 nights this past week. I'll start with the good parts- location to downtown and beach is great. The pool is really nice and clean. We spent more time in it, than we did on the beach. Complimentary beach tags- a definite plus.

The bad- the parking is the WORST parking lot I have ever parked in. Yes, you will have a space to park- but you may or may not come home without dents in your car from car doors, and you may or may not be able to actually open your door to get out of your car once you park. There is not 6 extra inches of space anywhere.
We didn't want to drive anywhere so that we didn't have to move our car- which stinks.

Not the cleanest-Room was so-so...had 2 queen beds and a small kitchenette. My husband spilled water on the bathroom floor and put some tissues down to wipe with his foot. The tissues were black...no joke, black with dirt. There was a swiffer wet jet in the corner...not sure if it ever got used though.
We then opened the fridge to put in drinks we brought with us- to find an opened half gallon of milk in there and the shelves all completely covered with sand.
So, doesn't anyone look in the fridge when someone checks out? Also could feel sand on the floor in the room before we even made it to the beach.
Beds were clean and fresh sheets...but i have to be honest, those things turned us off right out of the gates.
Lastly, we were sitting outside our room about 11:30 just taking in our last night there. A family came in next to us, and just from the arrogance - you could tell they were the condo owners. They had no respect for what time it was or the noise level they created. Drug in a big golden retriever with them. One by one, each person came in and out of the room repeatedly going to their car and slamming the door each time. All we heard was booming and banging from that point on. I know this is no fault of the property- but it all just soured us.

Date of stay: August 2018