All reviews juice boxes wet bar coastline view double sinks pink hotel pool tags turn down service pool passes ocean front off season south end the jersey shore quiet end great ocean front desk staff parking lot mini fridge
Reviewed August 4, 2015

We went for a long weekend, a family trip with several members of our family. The rooms were spacious and very clean, staff very friendly as well. We definitely felt the prices were reasonable. Great Boardwalk for walking, biking and for the kids to roam on, also very clean. Lots of places to eat.

Room Tip: We loved being higher up, great views of bay or ocean.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
glennlosch, General Manager at Port-O-Call Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and for recognizing the cleanliness of our hotel and friendliness of our staff, I am so proud of both. I would also like to thank you for recognizing our "Green" initiative. We are making great strides with improving this everyday.

Reviewed August 3, 2015 via mobile

Had a wonderful time as we always do at port o call . Extremely clean, friendly staff pool is great !! Me and my family love it there. Been going to ocean city nj since I was a child. I have stayed at many hotels in ocean city. And port o call is top notch !!!!!i would never stay anywhere else. I love the tradition I have started with my children going there . And I want to continue the tradition when my children have their families. The staff from the front desk to housekeeping is wonderful and Glenn the manager is great and it shows through the staff. He has a great team at the port o call. I am very picky where I stay based on how clean and atmosphere of hotel ! Port o call is the best in ocean city nj! We love it there and will keep going back !!! See you soon port o call !

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for recognizing all of the wonderful qualities that make the Port-O-Call Hotel such a great place to stay. The Port-O-Call has become a family tradition for so many people and I'm glad the tradition continues with you.

We look forward to hosting your family for years to come!

Reviewed August 3, 2015 via mobile

The hotel itself is very nice with a great location right on the beach and boardwalk. The beds are comfortable, and the rooms have a small refrigerator and Keurig coffee maker with free coffee and tea.

There are a few things that you may want to be ready for though.

1- bring earplugs. The walls are thin and you can easy here people in the neighboring rooms. The in walk AC unit also makes the usual amount of fan noise, which may be distracting to a light sleeper.

2 - bring a sleep mask. The rooms do not have blackout curtains and it gets bright in the rooms very early. Our room had wooden blinds over the main window that did nothing to block light. If you face the parking lot (we were on the 3rd floor) it's just bright enough in the room to walk around in the middle of the night without needed to turn a light on.

3 - get an ocean view room on a high floor if you can. Bay side rooms overlook the parking lot. The Bay is technically visible if you look off in the distance, over all the houses.

4 - you may even want to consider bringing a small power strip. The room had very few electrical outlets and I had to unplug the clock to charge my phone.

I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2015
2  Thank NOVAGuy818

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I'm happy you enjoyed your stay.

Just so you know, we have begun changing out the blinds with black out drapes so that should rectify the brightness issue. In addition, we will be installing additional power stations with data ports in the near future in an effort to better accommodate our guests technological needs.

Again, thank you for your review!

Reviewed August 1, 2015

We booked this hotel b/c it seemed like the nicest one in ocean city. I had read some amazing reviews so my expectations were pretty high.You are paying for the location and I think they know they are sitting on a gold mine. We were in room 603 which had an great coastal view. (I am glad I did not pay the extra money for the ocean view as this had both an ocean AND boardwalk view.) The room was large and clean, though the bathroom felt cramped. The bed was very comfortable. One major drawback for me was the air conditioner was noisy. This is a big pet peeve of mine. It ran continuously instead of shutting off once it hits the set temp. It was annoying. I asked about this at the front desk and they did send a maintence man up right away, but nothing could be done. I tried to just sleep with the slider open but it got too hot. I eventually got used to it, but was a drawback for me. Also, I was not very impressed with the customer service. I booked directly with the hotel and really stressed I wanted a lower floor room. I do not like to be high up. They put me on the 6th out of 9 floors. When I asked about this at check in their attitude was not very empathetic. More like...its the peak of summer and we are fully booked. I did not go out on my deck b/c of this b/c it really felt too high for me. Bummer. Also, I enjoy a cup of tea in the room and they did have a machine. It said the tea and coffee were replaced daily. The next morning their was no tea, so I had a coffee. The next day their was no coffee, so my husband had to call up for more, again on my last day their was no tea. It was little things like that were disappointing to me. Were were paying $400 a night plus and really expected a higher level of service. It would have also been nice nice for the people at the front desk to greet people when they are coming or going, but no mostly they never even looked up.I think on my next trip I would stay in a vaction rental.

Stayed: July 2015
2  Thank writer10
glennlosch, General Manager at Port-O-Call Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your comments!

I would like to address the concerns you had during your stay. I recall speaking to you personally at the front desk regarding your concerns with the noise coming from the air conditioning unit. I immediately sent maintenance to your room to investigate the noise and to take the appropriate action as necessary. Upon completion of the inspection, it was determined that the unit was a brand new unit installed in early July and was running properly and quietly. As this is not a central AC set up, it is impossible to completely quiet the fan, motor, compressor without actually shutting the unit off.

We strive to accommodate all of the special requests we receive during the reservation process. Your request for a "lower floor" was actually fulfilled to the best of our ability. As our guest rooms begin on the third floor, your final placement on the sixth floor was the absolute lowest floor possible. In addition, our agent did investigate the possibility of moving you to a lower floor but was unable to do so as the hotel was sold out.

I do apologize that your tea and coffee were not sufficiently replenished daily. I will certainly speak with our Executive Housekeeper regarding this matter.

As always, our goal is to offer top notch customer service and a friendly atmosphere, I will personally address your customer service concerns with my front desk agents.

I am glad you enjoyed your newly remodeled room with its amazing coastal view. Our bedding was recently upgraded as well, so I glad you found the beds to be comfortable.

Your comments really do matter a great deal to us. We hope you will consider us again during your next visit.

Reviewed July 30, 2015

We just stayed at the Port-O-Call for 5 nights and THIS HOTEL IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. They have done a major renovation. Most comfortable beds we've ever slept in, staff is SO FRIENDLY AND COURTEOUS. Hotel is IMPECCABLY CLEAN!!!! They must pump some kind of air fresheners into the lobby as there is a fresh clean scent every time you enter the lobby, it's a nice touch! The lobby decor is incredible. So clean and fresh, beautiful color scheme. Rooms and bathrooms have all been redone. We stayed in Ocean front room for 3 days and bay view for the other two. I would highly recommend ocean front top floors, and if you don't want to spend the extra $$$ the bay view/parking lot is better on upper floors. This hotel is $$$, but so is everything in OC. We've been coming here for years and usually rent a condo as we have had a crowd with us in the past, this was the most relaxing vacation here we have ever had. I commend the staff for being so friendly and professional. We will definitely be back next year. Go ahead and splurge on this hotel, you won't be sorry!!!!

Stayed: July 2015
2  Thank Gail P

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review! We are glad you decided to stay with us rather than rent a condo. I would also like to thank your for recognizing our wonderful staff, hotel cleanliness and all of the upgrades and renovations done to the hotel.

Thanks again, we look forward to seeing you next year!