“Great experience”

Ranked #3 of 19 Ocean Grove B&B and Inns
Erma, New Jersey
“Great experience”
Reviewed 19 January 2011

I loved this place. My daughter was married here and the experience was wonderful. Bob the person in charge was awesome, he went out of his way to make sure the bride had a great experience. I believe he went above and beyond. We stayed in the Bradley suite and the room was perfect. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
morristown, nj
Reviewed 17 January 2011

My wife and I spend a lot of time in Ocean Grove during the summer. We’ve never stayed here during the high season because the prices are higher than I prefer to spend. But we were going to a concert in Asbury Park and decide to take advantage of the off season rate to check this place out. It always seems to be rated as the best inn to stay at in Ocean Grove. Well, here’s what we found in our deluxe queen room. Older furniture, but not antiques. Room was very small. Bed did not have a mattress pad on it! Mattress itself was too firm, not a pillow top. Sheets were quite worn. Pillows were thin. Bedspread should have been tossed. Bathroom provided one small bar of soap. Toiletries consisted of a sample bottle of shampoo. An old 13” TV, the kind with combo VHS. Heat cannot be regulated within the room. Downstairs, the sitting area is reasonable, but nothing exceptional. Breakfast was standard muffins, bagels, Danish. Again, nothing special, but OK. At night the outside of the inn is lit very pretty and looks quite inviting. So, don’t judge this book by its cover. My wife and I have stayed at B+B’s in Cape May, and throughout New England, I’d have to rate this place the worst of any B+B I’ve stayed at. Actually, for any type of accommodation I’d have to say this place is not worth the expense, even at the off season rate of only $100.00. I just don’t understand the big attraction of this place.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank purduedad
Rochelle Park, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 January 2011

We stayed in the Stokes suite they had a 10" T V could barely see it from bed! My laptop was almost double the size they said they had wifi they did not and that was one of the reasons I picked this hotel. They cleaned room but did not make beds until I called. The breakfast was not fresh I had what I thought was a hard boiled egg it was soft and cold. The view was very nice and the room was clean but not worth the money!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank freesk8
Arlington, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 January 2011

I can't say enough good things about this B&B and the Innkeeper, Bob Valente. If you are planning a visit to the Jersey Shore, winter or summer, I would highly recommend a stay at the Ocean Plaza. The Inn itself is lovely and within walking distance of the beach, the main street of Ocean Grove, and surrounding towns. But the real gem at this B&B is Bob. I promise you will feel as though you are staying with friends; I know I did. While visiting family at Christmas (2010), I was snowed in at the Ocean Plaza for 3 days, along with a family of five and a couple from CT. Bob was generous and kind, and made all of us feel so at home. When it came time to leave, I actually felt sad! We are already planning a reunion for next year and I know that during future visits to the area, I will be staying at the Ocean Plaza.

Lynn Milich
Arlington, MA

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank Lynn29512
Brooklyn
Reviewed 2 January 2011

We stayed at The Ocean Plaza for Christmas 2010 right through the blizzard! We visited family in Asbury and stayed here intending to go home Monday but got stranded. BUT what a beautiful place to be stranded in!
Bob the innkeeper really made our stay amazing.He cooked hot meals for us, offered to do laundry and made us feel very welcomed and comfortable during what could have been an awful time. The two other "stuck" parties were also terrific! We had three small children (ages 5, 8 & 9) with us and everyone was kind and understanding.
Getting caught in the blizzard at The Ocean Plaza turned into an extra Christmas gift.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Cheshire, Connecticut
Reviewed 30 December 2010

My husband and I intended to stay at the Ocean Plaza from the evening of December 25 until the morning of December 27. We were visiting family in the area.
The blizzard of 2010 started on the morning of the 26. It was totally impossible to travel . Our two night stay turned into a four night stay.
Bob, the manager, went above and beyond to make us and the other guests feel especially welcome during that time. With a wonderful attitude he went out of his way to prepare and serve three hearty and tasty meals a day. His graciouness and generosity of spirit turned what might have been a dreadful hiatus into a delightful extended visit.
The facility itself, a beautiful and well appointed old Victorian was decorated to the nines for the holidays. It has all modern amenities while still maintaining its charm.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Nashville, TN
Reviewed 8 September 2010

First time to Ocean Grove. Ocean Plaza is in a perfect location, about a minute to the beach, 2 minutes to Main Street, and is located right by the Great Auditorium. Bob Valente, the manager, is one of the biggest attributes of Ocean Plaza. He will bend over backwards for you and is willing and eager to answer any questions and address any issues. Bob was great!

Also, the breakfast provided each morning was terrific. Lots of fruits, pastries, cereal. Perfect way to start a day before hitting the beach. Would recommend.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
0.0 km away
The Ocean View Inn
The Ocean View Inn
#6 of 19 in Ocean Grove

Been to The Ocean Plaza? Share your experiences!