Ocean View Resort Campground
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$59
US$55
Priceline
Port-O-Call Hotel(Ocean City)
US$209
US$203
Travelocity
Ocean Front Motel(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$69
Ocean Manor Hotel(Ocean City)
US$81
Beach Club Hotel(Ocean City)
No availability for your dates from our partners
The Flanders Hotel(Ocean City)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewstravel trailermini golfcamp storecamp groundseasonal sitesdeluxe cabinlifeguard on dutywonderful familylabor day weekendhot waterlast summernext yearfishing pondevery morningamenitiespoolarcade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 August 2011

This is a 5-10min. drive to all shore points. Forget about all the things you think about when you think camping. This place offers fun for the family as well tranquility for those whom want to get away from it all. Pool, social activities, convience store and much more. This is a far better choice then a hotel. You don't have to own a camper to get in on the fun they offer cabins and home rentals. Bring the whole family! It's important to them that you have a great stay and it shows in every part of this resort. I recomended this resort to my neighbor because they are a family of 5 it is tough for them to afford a family vacation. They had a great time bonding as a family again and getting to know each other on a personal level again. There is something for all ages to do. Build a campfire if you choose have some smors or just read a book by the lake with your flip flops off. You have to check this place out next time you go to the Nj shore stop in and take a look for yourself. Don't just take my word for it. It's hard to see all that they offer at first glance but anyone on staff would be glad to take you for a tour. Happy Camping

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank ladhybug
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We've been camping at Ocean Vew Campground for more than 2 weeks a couple times and.....It's just perfect. At the arrival, no bad surprises, It took 3 secondes and we were driving toward our site. No need to leave a deposit for the gate card, they give you a free printed bar coded card. (dont have to worry about it at departure).

Relaxing vacation time: The campground and our site were very quiet, (believe it or not, there is a security agent patroling on a bike all night long). We had a good wifi connection right on our site. As we camp in a Pop Up, we realy appreciated the 2 new sparkling clean bath houses nearby. no flies, no bugs to worry about, the pool is real large with a sufficient amount of chairs (même durant les vacances de la construction). The beach at the lake is real nice also.....perfect when you can't go to the Ocean. They offer all the funny extra amenities on a campground.....store (food), rv parts, restaurant, paved roads and the tram car.
We enjoyed our stays there.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
9  Thank MfCanada
Reviewed 5 August 2011

My family and I have been staying here for a couple of weeks every year for nearly 40 years. We used to used to use a tent but switched to a one room cabin a few years ago. My son and his family have also been coming here with there tent and 3 children the past few years. This is a very nice campground, but has become too expensive given the cost of staying in nearby motels with pools and free breakfasts. This year we will not be coming here, will be staying in a motel at much less cost.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
11  Thank coloniegolfer
Reviewed 9 July 2011

I recently camped with my family in Ocean View Resort. We had a great weekend. My husband, daughter and I stayed in a tent in a site next to my parents, in their pop up. It was a great family, camping experience.
My daughter is almost 3 and she LOVED her camping trip. She loved the lake because she could build sand castles. She also loved to swim with her tube. She wanted to go on the paddle boats but I said we should wait until she is alittle bigger. I like the baby pool that's next to the pool. It had a cute water feature that showered the kids underneath. There are great playgrounds at the lake and the pool. My daughter liked to take breaks from swimming to climb and swing.
The tram car was a nice surprise. You can hop on for a ride all around the campground. It gave us a tour so that we will be able to decide what area we want to camp in next year.
On the Sunday night of our camping trip we went to a nature show in the clubhouse. It was so cool. I held an albino snake on my shoulders. My daughter even held it, she also wanted to hold the owls and the alligator but we could only only the snakes.
Overall it was a great trip. It was fun to share the time with my husband, but also to be able to have a site right next to my parents for night time campfires.
We will be calling in the spring of 2012 to make a reservation for summer!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank maopjsn
Reviewed 3 July 2011

This is a permanent trailer park and definitely nothing like their advertisements for tent camping. They lock you in for 4 days minimum charge ($65/day) for tent camping and you can bet there is a reason for this policy. They know you will likely want to leave as we did after one night.

We were assigned a small spot directly between two permanent trailers for our tent. During the night we woke up to the strong smell of sewer pipe and asked for a refund that was refused. They offered only a one day credit - no refund. I tried to reason with the clerk (after she spoke to the manager) about how we are the customer and if you do not take care of your customers then you will not have them. She only mumbled something about having plenty of customers and we left the property for good and never to return.

We did not think that ruining our holiday weekend and suffering through a night of sewer gas was adequately compensated by simply offering a one day credit to stay at this place.

During the night as the permanent residents on both sides arrived, left and accessed their trucks at night their lights shined right on our tent. We also, had to listen to the air conditioner running that was attached to the outside of one of the permanent trailers.

This is definitely not a camping atmosphere as advertised on their web page- no nature (i.e, crickets), no peace of mind.

The positive side is that there was a small man made lake was nice and the pool looked respectable.

If you go to this place, definitely do not take a tent - it will be a big mistake. We will not return.

Room Tip: Tent Campers Beware- Don't Stay Here!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family