“Does the job okay...” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Virginia, USA
“Does the job okay...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2011

Nothing special about this place...right off of route 17...NO ELEVATORS only two levels...very odd they have their fitness room literally in the middle of the lobby/breakfast area...Rooms were very clean, but SMALL...bathroom very clean and decent but small as well. Comfy bed, peaceful and quiet for the most part. Staff seemed okay, nothing to write home about. The hot DELUXE free bfast was sort of weird...all pre-made "military" style eggs/omlets...decent choices for cold foods but if you want a real breakfast just go to the many local diners around the hotel, they have awesome breakfast! WIFI worked well, and it was an overall pleasant stay. I Would stay here again...

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank amira82985

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Korean first
Bourne, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2011

I needed a hotel last minute near a jobsite and this was the closest one that came up. The location is right on a very busy main highway and my room was moderately noisy from the traffic. I get used to it, but someone who is sensitive to noise should stay away. The room itself was nice and very clean. The bed was comfortable and having a selection of soft versus firm pillows was also a good touch.

The parking lot was a bit awkward to get in and out of. Since the highway is very busy, it was not easy to pull out into the traffic. There is a gigantic mall across the highway, but was also very hard to get to because of the area roads.

Breakfast was fine. Some hot choices like pre-cooked eggs, sausage and biscuits along with cereals, bagels, bread, etc. The dining area was a bit small with only about 10 tables which got more full than I would like when enjoying a breakfast.

The staff was friendly and helpful for the few questions I had.

Overall, the accommodations were nice and reasonable for the price.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank sardonyx47
Granby, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2011

We arrive very late at the hotel, beds were relly comfortable, our daughters love it. The breakfast was big and there was a lot of choice. We surely return one day!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank mikeisa
Washington DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2010

We arrived at 1 a.m. and left at 10 a.m., but I have nothing but high marks for this budget friendly hotel. Best bed linens and especially pillows that I've ever had in a hotel, especially a budget hotel. I say this even though the comforter clearly smelled (faintly) like someone had smoked in the non-smoking room. Hotel is on a busy highway - request a room near the back if possible. Good towels, soap that smells like Red Hots (wakes you up!) but no fan in the bathroom. We chose this hotel for the availability of 2 queen beds (instead of full) a major plus for 2 teenagers sharing a bed.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Wausau, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2010

The Holiday Inn Express in Paramus NJ was a very nice surprise.

I stayed there for a month. I stay in a lot of hotels thru the year. These folks treated me like a highly valued guest. The manager even allowed me to leave my belongings in the room when I flew home for the Thanksgiving holiday, (saving me the move out/ move back in hassle) and didn't charge me for the room during the days home. Unheard of. Hotel is aged, but well kept, and clean. Walk around and you see where there is a "we care about this place" culture. They are doing upgrades and re-modeling. I’d like to see what it will look like when they complete the upgrades.

Nicest staff I've dealt with in ages..ALL of them. Housekeeping, maintenance man, front desk, manager, you name it. Extremely pleasant, eager to please, and always courteous. Any call to the front desk was answered by someone with a smile on their voice, and genuinely eager to please the caller. They always went the extra mile to ensure I was comfortable. I felt like I was being treated by a 5 star staff.
I was putting in 12 hour days, dragging in at late hours. This crew made sure I was comfortable and undisturbed when I had an occasional day off. They handled my laundry valet needs. Once a week i'd find a 'thank you' token gift on my room doorknob: a bag with a water bottle, a few cookies, or chocolates. In it was always an appreciation note for staying, and a comment from the management to let them know if I had any needs.
This staff will be missed when I leave.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Otis, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2010

We were in town for the Giants game and took 2 rooms. The desk staff and manager who were there at check in were friendly and helpful. They gave us a 15% off coupon for Houlihan's. The rooms were nice, and breakfast was good, except for the eggs, but can't complain given the reasonable rates. It took us about 15 or 20 minutes to get to the stadium from there, and they were nice enough to let us leave a car on the lot until after the game. The only downside, as with much of the routes in NJ, is that its a pain to have to make a jug handle turn every time you want to be on the other side of the street.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
Sharon Springs, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2010

I am Clearly disappointed with the policies of Holiday Inn. Unaware that they had a cancellation policy that is nonrefundable upon purchase. Due to unexpected cacellation of a family event I had to cancel our trip. I have been in the hotel buisness and and there are different cacellation rates, but to take the whole payment on the room. Im paying for a inconvenience not a service in this case.

Disatisfied Customer

Joseph

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank joeholly1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paramus
1.3 km away
3.6 km away
Crowne Plaza - Saddle Brook
Crowne Plaza - Saddle Brook
#2 of 4 in Saddle Brook

Been to Holiday Inn Express Paramus? Share your experiences!