“Surprised”

Ranked #1 of 124 Restaurants in Parsippany
Price range: US$10 - US$23
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a small 48 seat BYOB restaurant. Chef/Owner Matthew Pierone has been named to Best chefs America (BCA) list since 2013. He specializes in fresh, creative Italian cuisine and is known for his Pork chops, fish and bread pudding. Outstanding customer service is a main focus at the Gourmet Cafe.
Reviewed 11 August 2017

Being from Houston, I was very surprised to find a quality restaurant opened on Sunday for dinner. This place is a winner regardless of where it is located. The food was excellent, the service was top notched and it'S BYOB. This is one of Northern New Jersey's best kept secret. Will go there again on our next trip to NJ.
Thanks to our good friends for sharing.

There are newer reviews for Gourmet Cafe Restaurant

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

We were in a time crunch because we had a tour appointment at 1:30. So we only had half an hour to eat lunch. The waiter was very accommodating to us & did everything he could to expedite our process! We could of just eaten at a fast food place I suppose but, this place sounded so good. I got a bowl of the soup (tomato basil) and a Cesar salad. They both were very good!! especially the soup. We enjoyed our short visit here & would go back if I was passing by. Nice service!

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Great food. Wonderful host/owner
My only issue is that it can get a bit noisy
But it the end it's worth it!

Chef_Matthew_Pierone, Owner at Gourmet Cafe Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Barbara S,
Thank you for dining with us, and taking the time to leave us a review.
Chef Matthew

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

I almost hate to share this local gem! Upscale casual, Italian; BYOB. Our most recent visit for Mother's Day was as expected: Pleasant, Unhurried, and Very satisfying! I've been enjoying GC for many years for both lunch and dinner! It is consistently delicious!

Reviewed 27 May 2017

I was looking for someplace different to try and read about Gourmet Cafe on Trip Advisor. It is in a strip mall and is much better than it might appear from the outside. We had a lovely dinner. I started with the portobello mushroom with goat cheese and then had soft shell crabs which was a special. My husband started with mussels and then had pasta with crabmeat and smoked sausage which was also a special. Everything was delicious. The service was good and the seating comfortable. Although it is a small place, the tables are not crushed all together which was nice. Note it is BYOB and we were provided with a cooler to keep our wine cool. Prices were very fair. We will definitely return.

Chef_Matthew_Pierone, Owner at Gourmet Cafe Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

AnAnthropologist,
I am glad you found us and found everything to your liking.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here.
I look forward to your next visit, thanks again, Chef Matthew