Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 21-04-24
Free cancellation until 21-04-22
PricelineUS$110
Hotels.comUS$110
Agoda.comUS$110
All reviews front desk free breakfast definitely stay here again great stay kitchenette business
Selected filters
Reviewed June 21, 2020 via mobile

Do not stay here if you want a restful night sleep. If you like a lot of noise from 1 am-4 am, this is the hotel for you. Great for after a wedding, bachelorette or bachelor party. Smell pot thru out the hallway. Went out for breakfast at 7:00 am saw people drinking beer. It is ashamed that I have stayed numerous times before and never to this extent had this problem. Never again!!

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
VTS01, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2020

Thank you for your review. I'm so sorry to hear of the disappointment you experienced during your stay and I apologize for your poor experience.

Unfortunately, not all our guests abide by our "code of conduct" which we cover at check-in. It sounds that a bad situation quickly got worse. We have added security and training to help quell such problems and complaints.

I'm sorry for this most recent experience didn't match your previous stays with us. I value your comments. Please contact me should you wish to further discuss what measures we have implemented to overcome the problems you experienced.

Reviewed March 22, 2020

This review is for the the owners of the hotel. I've been going to this hotel 10-15 times a year for the last 5 years. When I started coming here there was dinner 4 days a week and breakfast 5 days a week from 6:30 to 9:30. Then they cut dinner to 3 days a week. That's ok, then they cut it to one day a week and even the employees started complaining bc all the normal guests were complaining. So as of this review they offer dinner twice a week. Dinner used to to have some protein like a shredded chicken or meatballs, it was enough after a long days work. Now it's only a salad and a tomato soup. The rooms are fine, the employees are nice, but DON'T BE SO DAMN CHEAP! If you aren't going to lower the price of the rooms, then bring back the simple dinners. Your competitors in the area like Hyatt and Embassy Suites offer simple dinners more days than you. Also why are you going cheap on the breakfast also is it really the end of the world to have end breakfast at 9:30am instead of 8:30am. These cost cutting measures are ridiculous for a business hotel.

If you are cost cutting measures like this, you probably cutting costs to your most valuable asset, your employees as well and that will just lead to the downturn of your hotel.

Room tip: Near elevator
Date of stay: March 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 39lyndap
VTS01, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2020

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with our F&B options. Originally we provided our social 3 days a week. When the brand changed to 1 day a week, the General Manager and team stressed our concern for our guests and were granted 2 days a week unlike our sister properties.

I can understand your disappointment however the evening social is meant to be a lite fare/snack not necessarily a dinner. We have been working on new menus, trying to find the perfect recipe for engaging with our guests and providing a high quality evening social. We have received a lot of great feedback from our guests so far.

My team and I are very disappointed that we weren't able to make you happy during your stay. We all do our very best to keep our guests happy and comfortable. We are sorry we weren't able to do so in your case. If you wish to further discuss, please contact the General Manager directly.

Reviewed March 14, 2020 via mobile

What is great at this property : location, spacious rooms, front desk staff and the social nights
What is really terrible : although the towels are changed daily, that’s about it in terms of cleaning. I found the sink/bath/floor were never cleaned. Anything you drop on the floor: crumbs, hair..is still there the day after. I complained after a few days and it was cleaned properly on that day. But that was it, it remained unclean until I left. At least they should provide a broom and sponges if they want customers to tidy up.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
VTS01, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2020

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. First I would like to thank you for choosing the Sonesta ES Suites when visiting the Parsippany area and thank you for the compliments.

I am sorry to hear that you were disappointing with your stay at our property. Since our hotel is an all suite, extended stay hotel our housekeeping services maybe different than other hotels that you are used to.
Please see below for our housekeeping services:

Daily Light Touch- make the bed, refresh the towels, and empty the trash
Full Clean- is every 7 days from when a guest checks in.

My apologies that this was not communicated to you at check in. Please feel free to contact me if you wish to further discuss

Reviewed March 1, 2020

Hubby and I stayed here and found the hotel to be exactly as pictured -room design is great and functional. Bed was soft (too soft for me) and various pillow selections. Room had a terrible draft however and we had the heat up to 78 degrees and then with the forced hot air it becomes a bit stifling. There wasn't really a happy medium. The design and layout were great for a couple - we stayed in a one bedroom so the bed is behind the sofa- smart idea for space. Kitchenette was functional and had supplies. Ice maker was slow to warm up though and they really need hooks in the bathroom and vanity area to hang towels. Shower had dispensers for shampoo/conditioner/body wash! Another smart idea, but one of which was not pumping! My only real complaint is that there was children gleefully stampeding the hallways from 11:30 pm - 1 AM. I called front desk TWICE! And we were down a the far end of one of the halls.

Date of stay: February 2020
VTS01, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2020

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor! We appreciate the suggestions and will share them with our departments heads. I am sorry to hear about the children running through the halls so late night. We will be sure to speak to our late night crew to ensure that they get a better handle on noise concerns. We want all our guests to feel comfortable and are so sorry for that.

We hope that when you're in the Parsippany area you stay with us again.

Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

Stayed here for a few days while visiting family. The location is very central for heading in different directions every day, and the bed was so comfortable I very nearly asked the front desk what mattress it was! Kitchenette was outfitted better than I expected, and while the breakfast each morning was straightforward and lacking in gluten free options like another reviewer wrote, it was delicious, and that’s why having the ability to store food in your room is so clutch. The gym downstairs was just enough for quick workouts, and the shoppe near the front desk was very appreciated when we required a sweet treat before bed and didn’t want to go out. We will definitely stay here again next time we visit family & don’t want to stay with them!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
VTS01, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2020

Thank you for the 5 Bubble Review and letting others know about your recent stay on TripAdvisor. We are so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay. We agree with you, our mattresses are amazing and are available for purchase online. Please see the site below:

www.shopsonesta.com

We look forward to your next stay with us when visiting the Parsippany area.