“The Best Italian”

Annabella's Pizza and Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 134 Restaurants in Parsippany
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed August 10, 2018

Annabella's is the best Italian restaurant in the area, and we know Italian food 'cause this is Jersey! The food is top quality, served quickly by an attentive and friendly staff.

1  Thank ventevents

Reviewed July 24, 2018

Ambiance was mediocre, portions were generous, taste only mediocre. Shrimp in salad were really bland, sauce for veal parmigiana was also unnoteworthy. Prices were reasonable and service was decent. Overall, I’d look for another Italian restaurant before returning.

Reviewed July 16, 2018

A lot of great testing variety of Italian food. The pizza I had was great and took extra slice for letter! Eat in or take out. It's a good size restaurant.

Reviewed June 7, 2018

There is nothing bad to say about Annabella's. The service is terrific, the food is always excellent. I recommend the mussels for an appetizer. The penne arrabiata is perfect. Very attractive for a pizza/restaurant. We keep going back!

Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

Neat little BYOB Italian restaurant located just steps away from the Hyatt House in Parsippany East. We stopped in after a very long day of traveling, not terribly hungry but interested in just a bite of something.

We were cheerfully greeted and told to pick our table. The restaurant is clean and nicely decorated and was about 60% full.

We were served a complimentary basket of 5 slices of fresh grilled bread with fresh roasted garlic on top. A welcome and unexpected treat.

I asked the server for his recommendations on the menu and he steered us to:
Seafood Dinner: Zappa di Pesce (shrimp, calamari, mussels and clams in marinara) $18.95
Dinners: Principessa (tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, breaded eggplant, chicken and peas in a light marinara sauce). $15.50 and Valencia (chicken and shrimp sautéed in a garlic white wine sauce with spinach, roasted red peppers and melted mozzarella) $16.50
Pizza: he recommended across the board and when we went to pay and I saw the big slices just groaningly overloaded with toppings I wished I lived locally.
Salads: he immediately steered me to the Chicken Bruschetta Salad (breaded or grilled chicken, chopped tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, chopped onions and he told me to get the balsamic dressing) $9.50

We ended up ordering the salad, the Principessa and Linguini with Sausage and Peppers ($13).

The two pasta dishes came with diners choice of side salad or soup (pasta fagioli, chicken tortellini, minestrone or chicken noodle). The salad was a surprisingly generous side portion side. The soup chosen was tortellini and unfortunately very bland but it was hot and plentiful.

Our food arrived first with a huge Chicken Bruschetta Salad absolutely enough for two meals and chock full of chicken, tomatoes and mozzarella. I noticed that there was less lettuce and more "stuff" which is absolutely the right ratio on a chicken bruschetta salad. The balsamic dressing was exactly right, too.

The Principessa arrived with two large slices of chicken, enrobed in mozzarella and covered the whole plate of pasta. Similarly the sausage and peppers linguini amply filled the plate.

We looked at each other and shook our heads in disbelief. Just one of the plates of pasta would have fed the three of us that night! And then the server offered to bring us more garlic bread!! Mangia!!

We did the best we could but just couldn't do justice to our plates, there was so much food. And the prices were so fair! If I lived locally I'd come here (making sure I was starving first) every week, this is a great little gem.