“Good food, nice decor and amazing dance”
Review of Marakesh Inc

Marakesh Inc
Ranked #7 of 124 Restaurants in Parsippany
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

On a weekend after 8pm you have a belly dancer perform and she is superb. We had ordered kebab and baby lamb tagine for dinner. The food is really good and tastefully made and cooked to perfection. They offer tea in the end which is a classic too.
The ambience is very traditional and looks classy.
If your taste buds crave Moroccan food then marakesh is the restaurant for you.

There are newer reviews for Marakesh Inc

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

We've been to Marakesh many times and have never been disappointed, the food is always excellent. Unfortunately I've had some health issues lately that have required me to do an intensive elimination diet. We came tonight in the hopes of their having a dish I could eat, but found out that every dish has an ingredient I can't eat. The owner stopped what he was doing and discussed my crazy limitations and told me he would make a dish specifically for me, he even made me special tea with honey instead of sugar.

There are very few places I can eat right now and they have added Marakesh to my short list. I'm so thankful that he doesn't look at me like I'm being high maintenance, but he cares about my needs as a customer.

And again, even though my food was made differently it was still delicious!

I wouldn't come on Fri or Sat night asking for these accommodations, that's a lot to ask, but on a Sunday night I'll definitely be back!

2  Thank JRMin
Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

The food was just ok. Not very good vegetarian on Friday night. They push for the fixed menu instead of a la carte. The belly dancer was very good but I wonder if she was a female! Go for experience not for food.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

We went with another couple that had been here before and completely enjoyed ourselves. 2 seatings on Saturday night, 6 and 9 PM. Plenty of parking in the back of the lot.
Each couple ordered the 4 course dinner for 2 and shared the salmon and the grilled platter made up of beef, chicken breast and kafti, minced beef with herbs and spices. All excellent, though the tomato sauce for the salmon was bland. You start off with making your own salad plate with freshly chopped greens, tomatoes, cukes and onions. Then add dressing, hummus, eggplant salad similar to an Italian Caponata, baba ganouj an eggplant puree, marinated vegetable and plain canned black olives.
Simple dessert of some sweets, fresh fruit and sweet tea.
BYOB is well handled and the belly dancer adds fun especially getting people to dance with her!

Reviewed 29 January 2017

We enjoyed every bit of the holistic Moroccan experience at Marakesh yesterday (Sat) nite with the sumptuous 4 course meal + Music + Belly dancing.

The 4 course meal was amazing and kept us busy all through the approx. 2.5 hrs spent there.

Pros
1. The restro was packed at 9.30pm and we were told there was no seating capacity. But as we moved out to the parking, the owner specifically came out to the parking to let us know if we would still like to dine with them, since the couple before us changed their minds. Thanks for that! It was our wedding anniversary btw.
2. The belly dancing was amazing. I've seen some really good dances in Dubai and Singapore. But this was totally up there with them.
3. The crowd dancing to the tunes was funny too.
4. Amazing ethnic decor

Cons
1. My wife had ordered Tunisian Chicken, but somehow felt it wasn't cooked all the way leaving it slightly dry. The seasoning was great!
2. Noise levels will be high here and seating might feel a lil cramped at times. If the place is at full capacity.

Apart from these couple of points this place was totally worth it and we'll definitely recommend to others!