“ok” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Denver, Colorado
“ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

Not a bad room and the bed was good. But the room was hot and the temp is not controled from the room.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jerry G, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Dear eelSeattle;
Thanks for your note regarding your recent stay. I apologize that the breakfast staff did not deliver the omellette you ordered in a timely manner. If you could use my e-mail address below to send me additional information I would appreciate that so we can make the improvements to that service. The Olive dining room is closed on the weekend, however Ruth's Chris Prime Steakhouse located in the Lobby, Splash Lounge located in the Atrium and Room service offers lunch and dinner on the weekends from 11am- 11pm; and Ruth Chris from 5pm-11pm. Thank you for your kind feedback about the rest of the hotel staff, it is a pleasure to be of service.
Jerry Galligan/GM jerry.galligan@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

When I think of a Hilton, there are some basic expectations which come to mind. Besides a place to sleep, I expect a cafe-type restaurant. In fact, they do have one except they do not open it for dinner on weekends! Not even sure about lunch. I understand trying to control costs, especially since the hotel appeared basically empty. But disclose this information on the hotel's page of the Hilton website. They did serve a buffet breakfast which consisted of typical Hilton fare. And the manager offered an omelet, which I ordered...eggwhites with ham, tomatoes, mushrooms and green onions. Unfortunately, I had completely finished the other buffet items I had selected like fruit, danish, sausage, bacon, etc. long before the omelet arrived. Actually, since there were only two other tables being served, the waiters and assistants were already too busy tearing down the buffet to bring my food. I finally had to ask my waiter if they were hatching the eggs before he apologized, said the food had been waiting but he had not recalled it was for me when he had been walking past the omelet in the kitchen numerous times! Maybe it's good that they had not been open for dinner after all. So plan ahead and buy your own food from off property unless you are prepared to sit for dinner in their "Splash Lounge" or want to go to the pricey Ruth's Chris on property which they highly recommended :-) Aside from the "restaurant" personnel, the hotel staff were friendly and otherwise efficient. When I arrived to check-in, the process was seamless and fast. But maybe it was just because there were three employees on the desk...and no guests to check in. Perhaps they should move a few to their cafe and open it! I don't think it's specifically the fault of the owner(s)...probably their management company reducing costs to justify their existence. They definitely cut the cost related to having me as a guest...permanently. I will never return.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank eelSeattle

Travellers are raving about these Parsippany hotels

OC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

This was a disappointing experience. My benchmark for this general area is the Bridgewater Marriott and the Hilton was not as good as the Marriott. On the positive side, the staff are the best. They are helpful, friendly, and responsive. Front-desk check in was efficient and my interactions at the hotel with the staff were absolutely great.

It's obvious this hotel was something else in earlier days and has been transformed into a Hilton and I felt like the upgrade got to about 90% there, but not quite all the way. The public rooms on the first floor were fine. It's the rooms that are the problem. When you first walk in, it all looks nice. But then you can't open the closet because the track is either broken or rusted or filthy. I didn't look too hard - was grossed out. Then when I checked the tub, it did not have that clean shine that a tub has when it's clean. So who knows when the last time this tub had a good scrub down. There was black mold and the shower area had a bit of peeling paint on the ceiling. And the drain on this shower. Yuck. I can't even decribe it, but I wished I had brought my flip flops to take a shower. It just felt dirty overall.

The heating is a major problem in this hotel. Your room gets heat pumped into it whether you want it or not. I had been out of my room for 3 hours, set the thermostat at 65, but was a furnace when I came back. Called maintenance. He promptly came, but told me that the heat is pre-set, turned off my A/C, and told me to open the window. How dumb is that? When my driver picked me up, he asked me if the hotel was hot since many of us customers complain about the heat in this hotel. It makes for an unpleasant experience.

The food was very good here. I ordered room service and there were a variety of choices and the catering was tasty as well.

Overall, I would not stay here again...not because of the people, but because I won't give a hotel a second chance when the bathroom is not to par. That tells me a lot since if you're not clean in the bathroom, where else is the hotel dirty?

1 Thank MyrtleMay
Jerry G, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, 23 January 2012
Hello MyrtleMay
Thank you for choosing the Hilton Parsippany. I'm very glad to hear your feedback about our staff, but I'm very sorry you found issues with the closet and bathroom. Our team absolutely needs to be on top of these issues in the guest rooms, and these should have been resolved prior to your being registered to the room. I have forwarded your review to our housekeeping and maintenance director so that we can use this as an opportunity to revisit our preventative maintenance standards with our team. Please feel free to message me directly if you have any additional comments or concerns. We do hope you choose to try us again the next time you are in the Parsippany area.

Be well,
Mike
Lake Villa, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

The Hilton Parsippany was an excellent experience. The staff was very professional and the conference center staff was attentive with an eye to detail.

I had a first floor room initially and it smelled of smoke. The first floor may have been smoking rooms at one time and that smell still lingers. The staff moved me to another floor and I had no other problems.

Rooms were clean and looked like they had been renovated with in the past 5 years. The beds were comfortable, although I very rarely sleep well on the road.. I woke up rested, but sore.

The room service menu was complete and at prices you'd expect. The fare was average, not bad, but nothing special.

Overall it was a pleasant trip.

Room Tip: First Floor rooms may have been smoking rooms at one time. I had to move to an upper floor
Hello Sully63,
Thank you so much for your very kind words regarding your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback, and glad you had a comfortable night's sleep we look forward to serving you again the next time you are in the Parsippany area.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

Can't go wrong. Really nice rooms, good food and I got a great price on the internet. Hilton s are still charging for internet use for some reason...hope they come into the 21st century soon and offer free internet ($10 a day). I had to move from my first room because I have pet allergies and someone had a dog in the room and there was 2 across the hall. The front desk claimed that pets were not allowed but they did not do anything about the 2 dogs I told them about. They gladly gave me another room and were really nice about it.

Room Tip: Location is in a business park with not much you can walk to. You will need a car to go do things.
Hello ducknc,

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your most recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that the front desk was accomodating in moving your room and apologize for the discomfort from pet allergies. I appreciate your comments regarding the inernet fee, I do hope you found the connection fast and reliable as we recently made a signficant capital investment in upgrading the equipment and system as we find most travellers today have mutiple devices that require a lot of band width. I hope you will come and see us next time you are in Parsippany.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2012

We had a great experience here. Pool was nice and warm, the restaurant food was also great.

Room Tip: The hampton inn is connected to the hotel and I think, they share a pool with the hilton. The Hampto...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jerry G, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, 26 January 2012
Dear FLORABEL,
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your most recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our food and beverage outlets in addition to the cleanliness of our property. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Parsippany area.
Jerry Galligan, GM
Northern New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

We have had two recent buffet breakfasts here, and a room for one night. I like the hotel. The personnel that we dealt with were all polite and friendly. I agree with other recent reviewers that the hotel is nice but a bit dated. The buffet breakfast was delicious and they have more variety than you could need, but it is not beyond what you would expect at a Hilton and it would not knock your socks off. (There was no cook-to-order aspect either time we ate there; it was chafing dishes with scrambled eggs, french toast, potatoes, bacon, sausage, a nice array of baked goods, cold cereals, hot oatmeal, a yogurt bar, and a nice array of fresh fruit and smoked salmon with fixings.) The Short Hills Hilton is in the same general vicinity, about 15-20 minutes away, and would be a generally more impressive facility to stay in, but the pricing on the two properties probably reflects that difference. If you have business in the immediate vicinity, you would do well at the Hilton Parsippany. They do offer a free shuttle van with service to nearby corporate offices and to the train station that takes you into NYC or Hoboken. If you're looking for any sort of high-end mall shopping, and you were staying at Parsippany, you would probably drive the 15 minutes or so to Short Hills Mall anyway (not covered by the shuttle van).

Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Hello Water Enthusiasts,

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your most recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our food and beverage outlets in addition to our rooms, and we have now added cooked to order to our breakfast. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Parsippany area.