“Great service” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

This is the type of hotel class I would stay at if I would be paying out of my own pocket. Rooms are renovated, but some things were questionably omitted, like the doorknobs. In any case, I got upgraded on my one night stay, my room was giant, quiet and the bed was comfortable.
All I could really ask for. The company I work for did over pay, even for the upgraded room, but there were several conferences in the area and we all understand supply and demand.

As other reviewers have commented, you can use the main Hilton amenities for your stay.

The shining star in my stay was the front desk clerk. I stay in at least 4 hotels a month and by far, in all (I believe her name was Susanna) was the single best experience I have ever had from a desk clerk, checking in, and on going for my stay. She could not reach the housekeeping staff to verify that my room was ready so she ran up and checked herself. The taxi that I called was 30 mins late and any tine she had a free second, she called the company and even stood by me outside in the freezing cold without a jacket. I hope the management realizes what a jem they have on their hands! Thanks!

Room Tip: All are basically the same, no view in any room.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jerry G, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Dear amtiza,
Thanks so much for taking the time from your busy day to compliment your stay at the Hilton/Hampton complex. Thanks so much for expressing your appreciation for the
services provided by Sussana. We are very lucky to have her on our team, she is so service oriented and dedicated. We know our guests have a choice when selecting their hotels and we know that it is through our dedicated team members that they will return. I hope we get to
meet the next time you are in the area so I can express my appreciation for your comments.
Thanks, and safe travels
VP/GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Somerset, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

Nothing spectacular, it was a decent stay. Breakfast was decent and the internet seemed a little slow. But beyond that, nothing really else to remember.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Fred C
Jerry G, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Dear FredC
Thank you so much for providing a review of the property, and was glad to see you thought your stay was "ok". I am truly only delighted when we exceed someone's expectations. Please call or send me an e-mail on what I could do to make your next stay even more comfortable and to exceed your expectations.
I appreciate the opportunity to be of service, and hope you will return again.
Jerry Galligan GM
jerry.galligan@hilton.com
cedar grove
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

Stayed President's weekend 1 night. Hotel started off Great but Fell apart due to lack of concern over crowd and noise conditions. Pool was Not usable past 4 PM because a pool that holds 21 was overcrowded with at least 50 people and no room to even stand let alone swim. the Noise levels on the 4th flor 'HHonors' rooms was HORRIBLE - ZERO SoundProofing in these rooms. Guest running up/down halls and atrium and yelling, slaming doors . Calls to front desk were met with 'we're doing the best we can' -- pretty much its too bad its noisy. Young kids were not able to sleep past midnight and also wer shut out of using the POOL because of the overcrowding conditions. one group must have had over 70 people monopolized the Hotel.

Good you got some sales from this group as you now lose our business as long time Hilton members due to lack of control on this property and concern for all guests !

Room Tip: ALL ROOMS WILL BE NOISY AS THEY HAVE NO SOUND INSULATION. At least the front of the units. Hotel l...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank lmcs1
Dear IMCS1
Thank you for providing feedback from your stay on President's weekend. This hotel is the site for the largest chess tournement on the East Coast that weekend, and as you indicated the hotel was busy from this group which brings in competition from around the world and in all age groups from grammar school to professional adults. I am sorry that this made it difficult to enjoy the pool and other amenities. The hotel provided managers on duty and securtity around the clock and so I apologize that you still experienced this issue. Please feel free to give me a call so I can review the specifics of your stay.
Jerry Galligan GM
jerry.galligan@hilton.com

Travellers are raving about these Parsippany hotels

Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

Not a bad room and the bed was good. But the room was hot and the temp is not controled from the room.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear eelSeattle;
Thanks for your note regarding your recent stay. I apologize that the breakfast staff did not deliver the omellette you ordered in a timely manner. If you could use my e-mail address below to send me additional information I would appreciate that so we can make the improvements to that service. The Olive dining room is closed on the weekend, however Ruth's Chris Prime Steakhouse located in the Lobby, Splash Lounge located in the Atrium and Room service offers lunch and dinner on the weekends from 11am- 11pm; and Ruth Chris from 5pm-11pm. Thank you for your kind feedback about the rest of the hotel staff, it is a pleasure to be of service.
Jerry Galligan/GM jerry.galligan@hilton.com
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

When I think of a Hilton, there are some basic expectations which come to mind. Besides a place to sleep, I expect a cafe-type restaurant. In fact, they do have one except they do not open it for dinner on weekends! Not even sure about lunch. I understand trying to control costs, especially since the hotel appeared basically empty. But disclose this information on the hotel's page of the Hilton website. They did serve a buffet breakfast which consisted of typical Hilton fare. And the manager offered an omelet, which I ordered...eggwhites with ham, tomatoes, mushrooms and green onions. Unfortunately, I had completely finished the other buffet items I had selected like fruit, danish, sausage, bacon, etc. long before the omelet arrived. Actually, since there were only two other tables being served, the waiters and assistants were already too busy tearing down the buffet to bring my food. I finally had to ask my waiter if they were hatching the eggs before he apologized, said the food had been waiting but he had not recalled it was for me when he had been walking past the omelet in the kitchen numerous times! Maybe it's good that they had not been open for dinner after all. So plan ahead and buy your own food from off property unless you are prepared to sit for dinner in their "Splash Lounge" or want to go to the pricey Ruth's Chris on property which they highly recommended :-) Aside from the "restaurant" personnel, the hotel staff were friendly and otherwise efficient. When I arrived to check-in, the process was seamless and fast. But maybe it was just because there were three employees on the desk...and no guests to check in. Perhaps they should move a few to their cafe and open it! I don't think it's specifically the fault of the owner(s)...probably their management company reducing costs to justify their existence. They definitely cut the cost related to having me as a guest...permanently. I will never return.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank eelSeattle
OC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

This was a disappointing experience. My benchmark for this general area is the Bridgewater Marriott and the Hilton was not as good as the Marriott. On the positive side, the staff are the best. They are helpful, friendly, and responsive. Front-desk check in was efficient and my interactions at the hotel with the staff were absolutely great.

It's obvious this hotel was something else in earlier days and has been transformed into a Hilton and I felt like the upgrade got to about 90% there, but not quite all the way. The public rooms on the first floor were fine. It's the rooms that are the problem. When you first walk in, it all looks nice. But then you can't open the closet because the track is either broken or rusted or filthy. I didn't look too hard - was grossed out. Then when I checked the tub, it did not have that clean shine that a tub has when it's clean. So who knows when the last time this tub had a good scrub down. There was black mold and the shower area had a bit of peeling paint on the ceiling. And the drain on this shower. Yuck. I can't even decribe it, but I wished I had brought my flip flops to take a shower. It just felt dirty overall.

The heating is a major problem in this hotel. Your room gets heat pumped into it whether you want it or not. I had been out of my room for 3 hours, set the thermostat at 65, but was a furnace when I came back. Called maintenance. He promptly came, but told me that the heat is pre-set, turned off my A/C, and told me to open the window. How dumb is that? When my driver picked me up, he asked me if the hotel was hot since many of us customers complain about the heat in this hotel. It makes for an unpleasant experience.

The food was very good here. I ordered room service and there were a variety of choices and the catering was tasty as well.

Overall, I would not stay here again...not because of the people, but because I won't give a hotel a second chance when the bathroom is not to par. That tells me a lot since if you're not clean in the bathroom, where else is the hotel dirty?

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MyrtleMay
Jerry G, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, 23 January 2012
Hello MyrtleMay
Thank you for choosing the Hilton Parsippany. I'm very glad to hear your feedback about our staff, but I'm very sorry you found issues with the closet and bathroom. Our team absolutely needs to be on top of these issues in the guest rooms, and these should have been resolved prior to your being registered to the room. I have forwarded your review to our housekeeping and maintenance director so that we can use this as an opportunity to revisit our preventative maintenance standards with our team. Please feel free to message me directly if you have any additional comments or concerns. We do hope you choose to try us again the next time you are in the Parsippany area.
GM

Be well,
Mike
Lake Villa, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

The Hilton Parsippany was an excellent experience. The staff was very professional and the conference center staff was attentive with an eye to detail.

I had a first floor room initially and it smelled of smoke. The first floor may have been smoking rooms at one time and that smell still lingers. The staff moved me to another floor and I had no other problems.

Rooms were clean and looked like they had been renovated with in the past 5 years. The beds were comfortable, although I very rarely sleep well on the road.. I woke up rested, but sore.

The room service menu was complete and at prices you'd expect. The fare was average, not bad, but nothing special.

Overall it was a pleasant trip.

Room Tip: First Floor rooms may have been smoking rooms at one time. I had to move to an upper floor
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Hello Sully63,
Thank you so much for your very kind words regarding your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback, and glad you had a comfortable night's sleep we look forward to serving you again the next time you are in the Parsippany area.
GM