“Rainy day breakfast”

Buck Horn Family Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 15 Restaurants in Paulsboro
Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

Been here before for lunch this is first time for breakfast. Place is clean reasonably quiet. Name is now Country Pride. It is a truck stop with huge portions. Had a 2 egg scramble with veggies and cheese over home fries. Wait time was ok but a little long for this time of day . Served hot and tasty with the sausage gravy. High caloric but far from worst on menu. Good place if you are hungry.

Have a soup and salad bar too, usually good.

Reviewed April 9, 2016 via mobile

Not sure who eats here but our visit was not at all great. Let's change the name to see if it helps...... wake up. Food is still the same, pkace is still the same. We tried three times but it is not for us. Your visit may differ and you may love it, please try it and tell us what you think.

Reviewed October 26, 2015 via mobile

Live locally. We have stopped here a few times. Last time they had added a salad bar, it is decent food at a decent price.

Reviewed August 15, 2015

It's been a few years since I've been to the Buckhorn. My husband likes to stop here on road trips, but I have resisted because I think of it as being a place where you struggle to find a healthy choice on the menu. But we were driving home from a trip and hungry so we stopped to eat an early dinner.
The first thing we noticed is that the restaurant has been renamed to Country Pride. The restaurant seating area has been somewhat redesigned. The booths in the middle were removed and replaced with tables so the restaurant has a more open feel. The booths around the perimeter have been updated. There is also a large counter seating area.
The prices were very budget friendly. The special was chicken parmesan with spaghetti and garlic bread for $8.99. It came with the salad & soup bar. The salad items were fresh and the soup was good and hearty. This day's soup choice was cheddar broccoli or chicken fajita. I was pleasantly surprised when the waitress asked if I wanted my chicken grilled or fried. I also noticed healthy options listed on the menu.
We were there in the late afternoon so it was kind of an off hour for meals and therefore the restaurant was somewhat quiet. The clientele consisted almost entirely of truckers at this time.
Our waitress was attentive and anticipated our needs, such as drink refills.
Everything I had was good and I left with a better impression of the restaurant than I had going in. It's not fine dining, but it is good food at a good price.