“Nice Experience (Except for the Seating)”
Review of Wood Stack

Wood Stack
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Pine Brook
Price range: US$12 - US$38
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

This place has a nice upbeat atmosphere and a menu of pasta, pizza and various entrees. Everything we had was tasty and the service was good. We sampled the octopus appetizer as well as the brussel sprouts. Main courses we shared pizza and pasta - all prepared well. The sangria was just ok and over-priced at $32 for a carafe. I'd skip that next time. The one thing that would keep me from coming back is the seating. Hard chairs and benches without backs. Really? Sit on a bench for dinner??? The seating needs to go!

There are newer reviews for Wood Stack

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

My son in law had a peppa pig pizza which was very very good. You can build your own but their menu item were quite eclectic. The pizzas are cooked in a very hot wood fired oven. Hard to not like what you choose.

There is also a very good choice of beers. So all in all a good choice for a pizzas with friends.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

This space has been a rotating space of bad restaurants for maybe 40 years ... seriously. when i heard we were going here i laughed because i assumed (incorrectly) it would be another bad restaurant.

The setting is awesome - clean, bright, big fireplace, valet parking, nice staff, but most important - the food was very good. Octopus was terrific, pizza was tasty, salad was good and short ribs were nicely prepared.

I hope it stays as the area needs another good place. my only complaint was the seating - the options are a wood bench (good for atmosphere, but not practical) or hard metal chairs that look cool, but arent comfy. i know petty, but a real issue as it wasn't 'comfortable"

Wood S, Manager at Wood Stack, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2017

Thank you John for the kind words .

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

I love this place. I've gone with my husband, but I've also been with my young children. This is not a "pizzeria". It is a nice restaurant. The pizza is not typical. It's creative. The amazing salads are seemingly bottomless. Ordering the stracciatella is a must! I highly recommend Wood Stacks.

1  Thank Heather P
Reviewed 11 January 2017 via mobile

Went to Wood Stack for the first time. The restaurant is located on Rt. 46 East in Pine Brook/Montville NJ. They have valet parking and the restaurant is trendy. They have a large bar, TV's, and plenty of seating. I have passed this place many times and it is always busy. I ordered the meatball appetizer , the grandma brick oven pie , a glass of wine , and Mozzarella and diced tomatoes bread appetizer as well. The service was friendly and prompt and the food was home made and very good quality. The total bill came to $50.00. Definitely a great place to have a drink and get a quality meal. I recommend Wood Stack.

1  Thank Poconop