Best Western Plus Atlantic City West Extended Stay & Suites
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Pleasantville
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful place”
Reviewed 4 August 2011

My hubby and I stayed here and had a wonderful stay. Scott the front desk manager was very professional and friendly. Made us feel special. We loved getting the free bus to the Tropicana Casino each day. Breakfast was good too. Our room was spacious and clean. It was just what the Doctor ordered for a great get away with my hubby Richard. We visited the Absecon lighthouse and climbed to the top. A highlight for us was Smithville Village with 60 quaint shops. We shopped all day and had a lovely wine tasting there and also had the best lunch at the Smithville Village Inn. Dont miss seeing Lucy the 6 story Elephant in Margate..Its just a novelty and the beach is beautiful there.
Again we were happy to stay at the Best Western where they were most helpful and friendly. Every room has a full Kitchen too. How amazing is that.
Thanks Scott for a great stay and we will see you again
Dianne S.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank baabaa6sheep

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
QUINTON
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Was in Atlantic city for one night for a concert and couldn't bear paying outrageous prices for hotels in Atlantic City proper. This hotel is only a straight 4-5 minute drive to the 'city'. There's also a shuttle that runs until 2:00am.

The bed was luxurious. Best sleep ever. Large selection of channels on the TV.

We had a queen suite with full kitchen and huge whirlpool tub. The room was not in the main building, but in a 'wing' that opened directly onto the parking lot. These were their only smoking rooms. I never stay in rooms that open directly to the outside, basically for security, but I felt and was completely safe.

Desk staff was professional and very helpful with directions. Breakfast was quite good.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 4 June 2011

We spent two days but enjoyed ourselves in the area. Close to Atlantic City attractions, really spacious rooms with kitchen and plates. Fitness center and heated pool are also convenient. Great choice of breakfast items though it closes at 9am which is just too early.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Travel_Buff_Asia
Olney, Maryland
Reviewed 8 May 2011

I had an emergency trip for a family funeral and needed space for my sisters and cousins too! My online search left me choosing between Somers Point Residence Inn and here. The other hotel left me on hold for so long (twice), I chose this Best Western, and I am glad I did! That other hotel was even $30.00 more !

The Best Western property is well cared for, immaculate, and newly updated. The beds were super comfy, and well made with crisp bedding. The rooms are large and fully equipped with kitchens, which we didn't use, but it added to the spaciousness. The beautiful continental breakfast with waffles, fruit, cereal, pastries, etc was well received by all. It was a great value at a great price!

The General Manager (Scott) personally tended to my needs and accommodated my holds with graciousness. The Staff was very professional and helpful.

When you travel with a group like ours, it's often hard to be so positive, I got no complaints at all on this choice! I will definitely use this hotel when I am ever in the area again!

L Stuardi, Olney MD

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 30 April 2011

I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel on a whim, you wouldn't even know it was there. I got a room for me and my family of 4 and was surprised at how the room was put together. They give you a FULL SIZE stove, not a cook top. I mean the one you could cook a thanksgiving dinner in, 20lb turkey and all! They also give you a full size refrigerator and a 1,000 watt microwave above the stove. The beds are firm and come with a bedbug protector. I travel 200 days out of the year so I pay attention to details like this. I was very surprised that everyday they made sure I was stocked with paper towels, dishwasher detergent, dish liquid, and they give you good pots and pans, not cheap ones (if you cook, you know what I mean). This hotel sits very close to the casinos and ocean. All you have to do if you stay here is go shopping for the foods you like. But in the morning they give you breakfast, cooked to order waffles, danish, juices, yogurts, cereals, etc. They have a full indoor pool that my children love because when it rained they could still get in the pool. I loved the steam room. First hotel I've been to in a while that had one. This was a good value for me and my family. And for all I got, this was I great vacation. Will return in July. Here's a tip: there's an asian supermarket across the street that has fresh meats, fish and vegetables for a very good price. And from the hotels front door they have a bus that goes to the tropicana casino and back if you don't want to drive.

Room Tip: Ask for Scott or Miguel
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Groton, Connecticut
Reviewed 22 April 2011

First, the price that was quoted on the phone was not the price they rented the room at. We ended up having to pay $10 more. As soon as we entered our room we noticed a musty smell. We were in need of a Pack and Play for our daughter which the hotel offered. Unfortunately, we could not use it because it was disgusting (Moldy, with all kinds of debris which we couldn't identify). The town name "Pleasantville" is false advertising in itself. It is about the most unpleasant town we have ever stayed in. There are not many good dining options close by for families and I am positive we will never stop in this area again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Dadto123
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 18 April 2011

The General Manager of this hotel displayed the worst customer service that I have ever experienced. He was rude, dismissive and very arogant.
There was a tornado in Virginia this weekend which took the lives of many. I had to cancel my reservation at the last minute because of the weather. When I called to cancel the general manager became rude and he hung up on me. He never said what my cancelation fee would be. Well, when I tried to use my credit card I had been charged the full price of the two rooms tha I reserved. When I called back to question this policy he continued with his rudeness and arogance. I was going to re-schedule for the next weekend, but not after being treated like an insignificant peon. He actually said, "we are the best western plus we have plenty of customers, we are packed every weekend." He said this to say, who gives a sh** about you, one customer. Don't give this guy the satisfaction of spending your money in this hotel. He is rude, arogant, and very unprofessional. When I asked to speak to his boss, he stated, "I am the boss." Clearly ego tripping to the third power. I do not reccommend this hotel. Very poor customer service. What happened to the days when the customer actually mattered?

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank kkreed2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasantville
3.3 km away
Garden State Inn
#3 of 25 in Absecon
1.6 km away
Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township
Residence Inn Atlantic City Airp...
#3 of 9 in Egg Harbor Township
7.4 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlantic City/Egg Harbor Township
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlant...
#1 of 9 in Egg Harbor Township

Been to Best Western Plus Atlantic City West Extended Stay & Suites? Share your experiences!