“Rocky start!!!! but it Turned out OK.”

Best Western Plus Atlantic City West Extended Stay & Suites
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Pleasantville
Reviewed 22 February 2012

My girl and I decided it was time for a getaway weekend so we hit it up to AC to party. We booked a jacuzzi suite (Queen sized because the jacuzzi suites dont have King beds) smoking room. Well when we arrived and checked in Miguel was very cool. He made sure that I got my members points, explained to me about the breakfast in the morning, etc. The last thing he said to me was, "Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you".

Well I never thought that I would be speaking with Miguel again until I departed but that wasnt the case. As I was getting our bags out of the car, my girl was gone into the room. When I came in the PARTY HAD ALREADY STARTED!!!! I was knocked to the ground by the smell of (I thought it was weed) smoke. My girlfriend franticly screamed "somebody had been laying in this bed!!! I looked over in the kitchen and there were dirty dishes in the sink. She then went to check the bathroom and then I heard "OH HELL NO!!!!!! CALL THE FRONT DESK AND TELL THEM THIS AINT GONE WORK!!!!! When I looked into the bathroom, there was a tea cup with ashes and a tea bag in it. There was urine in the toilet and the jacuzzi had a ring around it that looked like someone stuck their car tire in the water and was trying to find a leak.
At this point my girl was pissed!!! I talk to Miguel at the front desk, explained the situation and he gave us another suite. The suite was OK (Not top of the line but well worth the money). Everything else was cool. The only complaint in the new suite was that the bed was hard. OH YEAH! I forgot to mention, be back to your room before 8pm because there is a BINGO hall that shares the parking lot and you may be parked on the other side of the hotel because that lot WILL FILL UP!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bryan m
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Atlantic City West Extended Stay & Suites

Reviewed 19 February 2012

My husband and I needed a weekend getaway so we decided to escape to A.C. THIS HOTEL IS AWESOME!! The CUSTOMER SVC was TOP NOTCH(shout out to Scott and Miguel the mngrs!) and they were very personable, and friendly!The contenintial breakfast included Everything: waffles, bacon, sausages, fruit, coffee, danishes, toast, orange juice and everything else you'd hope for (for free by the way)! Our King suite had a full kitchen (fridge, dish washer, stove, oven, microwave, dishes...) flat screen t.v beautiful/spacious bathroom, the whole room was spacious in general, pull out couch and a very, very comfortable,CLEAN bed(my husband had to drag me out of the room! I didn't want to leave!!). I also liked that I could see my vehicle from the window of my room! It was February when we went so it was cold outside, but the heat worked and the overall temperature of the hotel was appropriate. The pool was wonderful! 10 minutes from the boardwalk if you're driving. Actually, it's a straight shot! Black Horse Pike runs directly into the boardwalk hotels. There's a lot of $5 parking lots so you don't have to pay an arm and a leg to park ath the casinos. The hotel is close to the mall, Sam's Club, Wal-Mart, nail salon, dollar store,Old Country Buffett, Carrabas, movie theater...everything! Price was excellent (mainly b/c of the time of yr we decided to go. Booking early helped too!) We felt at home. We recommend this hotel for anyone and everyone!! And we'll will definately stay in this hotel again!

P.S. the pictures on the website are accurate which is a plus!

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a family/ group of friends the suites w/ out the jaccuzi are more spacious...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Relly B
Reviewed 30 January 2012

To all the people that read this best Western hotel is one of the best hotel suites you can stay in in New Jersey. I recommend you to stay.Everything is excellent..even the breakfast.

Room Tip: I stay on the high floor because we have all the room..the outside room is more for people in love...
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Valerie L
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I enjoyed having a full kitchen available (and it was not all crowded together in the room).
The room was extra clean and the staff was absolutely wonderful! I just wish I had the time to stay longer!
If I am in the area again - this will be my first choice to stay!

Room Tip: I stayed on the bottom floor - gives great access to the pool and the front lobby area.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank NorthCarolinaAnnie
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I've stayed at this hotel before and this visit was just as pleasant the hotel was clean i was able to cook my own food in the room they have stoves in the room. I went across the street to the supermarket which ended up saving me money. And another thing is they have pillow top beds that are soft. The staff is friendly and helpful on where to go. i got the free shuttle to the casino and back i runs every two hours.
i use my rewards points to offset my bill this hotel has alot of value for your money they have a indoor pool that's warm and a steam room. If in the area this hotel should be on your list last time i stayed in the jacuzzi room.

Room Tip: get the rooms closets to the pool. Ask for Scott
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2011

The staff and the bus to the Tropicana were great and the room was comfortable. I liked the size of the room and the kitchen. I just found some of the other guests and the nearby area to be a bit creepy. I sense that the value compared to that of Atlantic City attracts an interesting array of people, but I also got the feeling that not everyone there was traveling. I would definitely consider this hotel over the other nearby options, but I think I may just avoid the area all together in the future.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 August 2011

This is my first stay with Best Western and maybe the last. We booked two nights in a suite with double queen beds and a soft bed. When we arrived, the manager gave us a guest room with double queen beds only. I returned to the front desk and tried to get what we booked for. The manager told us that all rooms were sold out and we booked for only two adults and two kids (which implied that we didn't need a suite). Finally he agreed to provide a roll-away bed so two kids can sleep separately. The second night, we moved to a suite and kid complained that the sofabed was really uncomfortable compared with Hyatt Place's. AC is noisy and cannot shut off automatically. Breakfast was really simple without much choice. By any means, this is the worst hotel in our trip. The only good thing is the property is cross street from KMart and one block away from Sam's club.

Room Tip: Don't rely on the sofabed and roll-away. They are really bad quality.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank yunwwang
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasantville
3.3 km away
9.2 km away
Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel
9.9 km away
The Claridge - a Radisson Hotel

Been to Best Western Plus Atlantic City West Extended Stay & Suites? Share your experiences!