“October Sunshine on the Patio”

The Shrimp Box & Outside The Box Patio Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Shrimp Box & Outside The Box Patio Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Local caught seafood, steaks and cocktails are served at this enduring waterfront eatery with nautical decor & outdoor patio seating. Family Owned and Operated since the 1950's, this a must visit Jersey Shore staple.
Reviewed October 20, 2017 via mobile

We drive down to the shore for lunch and a walk on the beach. It was the most beautiful day, like summer in October. A friend who knows Point Pleasant recommended The Shrimp Box. It’s 2 blocks from the beach. It’s not what I had in mind as I would have been happy with a lobster roll in my hand on the beach, and the inside of the restaurant was full of old people BUT then we realised that there was a patio in the sun. It’s the same menu but feels like an altogether different restaurant; bright, cheerful, open, casual. The cup of New England Chowder was tasty. The Greek salad with spicy shrimp was too huge and too spicy. The soft shell crab sandwich was lovely ( so I’m told) and the fish tacos were very good but really should have been served with homemade guacamole. The prices were reasonable EXCEPT for the $10 charged for a small plastic cup of rosé. We shared one piece of key lime pie, which was lovely except for the squirty sweet cream in a puddle.

This restaurant has a great menu. The vibe inside the restaurant is probably better in the summer. Service was friendly and efficient. We had a great day and we would return.

1  Thank LMarshUK

Reviewed October 5, 2017

Plan to arrive in time to enjoy some magnificent sunsets, visible from large, west-facing, waterside windows. Cocktails there are less than generous, but the salad bar is well stocked with a great selection of goodies of all sorts. The seafood entrees ordered by our party of three were all terrific and in portions which were impossible to consume in one meal. The wait staff are very friendly & professional.

2  Thank Len S
Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

Haven't been here in over two years due to family changes.
We used to come for early bird specials as they are very cheap.
This visit however was just two of us and we ate a little later.
Sat at the window as was waited on within minutes
The salad bar is always so good. Everything on it is always fresh.
The French onion soup was delicious and I ordered the special of fried chicken and shrimp Cajun style with linguini. Didn't eat all of it as it was so much. Still great value for money ordering form the regular menu.
Will be back soon.

1  Thank bearcj
Reviewed October 2, 2017

Had a pretty uneventful meal here. The food (scallops for me, crab cakes for my friend) is average at best but I didn't mind because the view is so wonderful. It was a warm late afternoon so we sat outside and it felt like we were on a cruise. I will return if in the area for that seaside feeling.

1  Thank Townie-TRIP
Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

Got there at 4 pm for sunset dinner and the place was full. No wait though and we started with salad bar.
Fresh ingredients and well presented.
I had fried shrimp and my wife had the broiled. After all it is the shrimp box.
Cooked to perfection with a medley of super vegetables and a great baked potato. Great service, good coffee and the only disappointing part was after all the years, no rum raisin ice cream