“Better than NYC Steakhouses -- at the Jersey Shore!!!!”
Review of Shipwreck Point

Shipwreck Point
Reserve with OpenTable
Shipwreck Point is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: View
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Upscale Steakhouse on the inlet in Point Pleasant Beach, NJ
Reviewed March 11, 2017 via mobile

Was at Shipwreck Point last night with extended family for my son's birthday. The steak was ABSOLUTELY AWESOME !!!!Amazingly seasoned Filet Mignon which was super-delicious with the sherry mushrooms and cream spinach. OMG! Gotta go!! Others loved the Tuna and salmon. Great appetizers too!! BETTER THAN NYC STEAKHOUSES -- RIGHT HERE AT THE JERSEY SHORE -- Just Amazing!!!!

Reviewed January 21, 2017

We continue to frequent this amazing steak house, which also has excellent seafood, and has a great, high-end atmosphere. Faves are:
* appetizers -- pork belly, crab cake and amazing french onion soup!
* maincourses -- any steak (filet, NY strip, etc.), salmon, Super-great Lamb Chop, and best high-end burger ever.

Reviewed December 5, 2016

I met a few old friends here on December 3rd, 2016 and we had a great time. The welcome from Richard McGrory, the owner and host, was extraordinary. Rich greeted us warmly at the bar, and set us up for great evening. I've had the opportunity to enjoy many meals up and down the shore, and I must admit, my NY strip steak dinner was the best I've had in years! I chose the house sauce for the steak, and it was savory.The service was excellent, the attention we received was perfect. Everything from the appetizers to the sides, to the wine selection was superb. After cappuccino and the cheesecake, we all agreed that our visit was five star, and we'll be back asap. I highly recommend an evening here, you won't regret it. Thanks, Rich and Terry.

Reviewed November 15, 2016

My husband and I came here for the first time this past weekend. First, the staff was great. Maryann was our waitress and we will be sure to ask for her again. Bob is the valet and super nice. You can't beat the location with views of the river. Restaurant is very nice with a large bar when you first enter. Dining room has an upscale feeling. Martinis with blue cheese olives were perfect. Nice wine list. Most of the food we had was good. Some food misses were: Corn chowder soup was bland, polenta with mushroom appetizer special was over cooked (needed a knife to cut it), grits with salmon entree also over cooked (not creamy at all). Scallop special was tasty but scallops were really small - for the price we expected more. Cheesecake dessert was great. Was concerned about coming based on reviews we read but we are glad we tried it. The consistency and quality of food could use some work but it wasn't all bad. We will be back to try again.

Reviewed October 26, 2016 via mobile

I just had the porkchop and it was truly amazing !!!! Add it to list of awesome entrees to choose from. Still the Best steak and seafood place in Monmouth & Ocean counties -- best food, best ambiance, best overall!!!