“One outstanding restaurant!”
Review of Prime 13

Prime 13
Reserve with OpenTable
Prime 13 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$15 - US$45
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Text "Prime" to 51660 to receive 10% off your purchase! Prime 13 Wood Fire Grill is the Jersey Shores premier Steakhouse.We use the finest and freshest ingredients available. Text "Prime" to 51660 to receive 10% off your purchase! Prime 13 Wood Fire Grill is the Jersey Shores premier Steakhouse.We use the finest and freshest ingredients available. Prime 13 now offers catering! Contact us for your next event. Wide varity of options to fit parties of any budget or size. ATTENTION: Prime 13 will be closed Monday, September 5th to Monday, September 12th 2016. Thank you!
Reviewed 25 April 2013

My wife and I had friends in town from Florida and we were looking for something truly unique. We all enjoy good food and excellent service and we found it at Prime 13. While we hadn't visited before we checked the menu out and decided this was an opportunity to check out a new restaurant and a new and exciting menu. We were not disappointed! Since it was a Tuesday night we figured we would try it and see how it turns out. We (the four of us) arrived and were quickly greeted by our waiter and host for the night. He mentioned that the "chefs" table was available and we quickly chose that table as we fancy ourselves amateur chefs and would love to observe and discuss the whole process with the "Grillmaster" and his staff. Needless to say all of our choices were excellently prepared and served, and the "sides" were large enough to share, so we ordered two sides and shared them amongst the four of us. The sauces, (there were five to choose from), were also excellent and shared by all. Final (unanimous) decision was; we thoroughly enjoyed everything, add to that the ability to "bring your own" allowed us to concentrate on their good food and our good wine!! I would definitely go back to Prime 13!!

Reviewed 20 April 2013

We were thrilled to see Prime 13 open. We are foodies who live in Somerset County during the week. So many choices, so little time! Here, in Ocean County, the choices on the island are much more limited, more so since Sandy. We really enjoyed our meals as did our dining companions. Steaks done exactly as ordered, good quantity, and nice selections of entrees, sides and apps. Our server, Chelsea, was a delight and was able to answer every question we asked. Interesting to see the comment from another reviewer about the priced sauces. This is becoming a very common practice "up north" so we weren't surprised to see it. My husband gor his steak Pittsburgh style and was very happy with the presentation. Love it!

Reviewed 17 April 2013

I was extremely excited to go to Prime, as it has an unbelievable sister restaurant in Firefly Bistro in Manasquan. This steakhouse was amazing. It was "Jersey Shore Restaurant Week" which allowed me and my friends to be able to try three courses. We started with the octopus that was fire grilled to perfection and tossed with great flavors. For my main, I had a perfectly seasoned and grilled 18 oz cowboy. Tasted wonderful. They have a great selection of cuts to choose from and I am glad I was able to try this one. The wild mushrooms, disco fries, and twice baked potato sides were all very, very good. The Prime steakhouse bbq sauce had some heat to it which I really enjoyed. The chimichurri was also very flavorful and complimented the steak well. At this point, what could be better than this? Two words: pistachio gelato. It was to die for. Also, the "Whoopie Pie" was very great too! Service was wonderful, BYOB, and the meal was fantastic. It is the mark of consistency I have come to expect from these restaurants. You get what you pay for at this restaurant, and you pay for a quality meal. One in which you will leave feeling extremely satisfied.

2  Thank heartjersey
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We just returned from dinner at Prime 13. We were really hoping to like this restaurant, since it's only a few blocks from our house. The best thing about the restaurant is that it's a BYOB. First they brought out biscuits that tasted like over salted hungry jack biscuits that had chives added to them. First course was grilled octopus that was bitter with salt. Second course was petite filet. The meat quality appeared to be good, and was cooked perfectly, however, all you could taste was some kind of heavy salted blackened seasoning. I tired to cut off the outside of the steak, but it did not help. The waiter came over finally and asked how our meal was, and we told him everything was overly salted. He laughed and said I guess you don't need any salt then. The creme brule was just ok. I did not taste or see any vanilla bean or Grand Marnier. The only part of the meal we enjoyed was the roasted pepper that came with the steak. The atmosphere was loud, too bright. The wait staff was inattentive, except for the gentleman who removed our plates. He seemed more interested in our experience than our waiter.

2  Thank Patty732
Reviewed 1 April 2013

This joint has been open for three weeks, and the only kinks seem to be minor spacial organization. Food, service, and atmosphere were all terrific.
Pricey, but you get what you pay for. Or what your date pays for...