“Local Fresh Seafood Done Casual”

Shore Fresh Seafood Market
Price range: US$12 - US$35
Description: Simple. Fresh. Genuine Jersey Shore cuisine. Shore Fresh's unique twist on a classic fish market welcomes you year-round with two locations in Point Pleasant, NJ. Casual, relaxed dining experience like no other, and BYOB. Cooking at home? Fire up those grills... they're ready for our local summer catch!
Reviewed August 11, 2017

Bottom Line: Come here and eat. Buffalo Shrimp (ask them to skip the Buffalo, and get some Remoulade on the side). Soft Shell Crab Sandwich or sautee with garlic sauce. Scallops. New England Clam Chowder. Even the French Fries, an item usually overlooked, arrived hot and crispy. All delicious. Inside and outside seating at Channel Drive location. Eat outside if the weather permits. Service is fine, and expected with the seafood market décor and paper plates. Drinks are served in plastic Solo cups. When you’re looking for some fresh seafood, in a casual outdoor space on a beautiful day, Shore Fresh is a no brainer.

Details: Visiting my Mother In Law in Brick. Trying to fatten her up a bit, so we headed out for lunch, and decided on Shore Fresh Seafood. Shore Fresh has two locations. Only the Channel Drive has outside seating. It was a gorgeous day, so that was an easy decision. Shore Fresh is a seafood market / really casual restaurant located on the water in Point Pleasant Beach. They have both inside and outside seating. It’s classic beachy décor. You know immediately that this is a legit Jersey Shore seafood market when you drive up to the front patio. We were seated quickly and the server was already taking a drink order. You don’t come here for the view, so temper your expectations when you’re all you see is the parking lot. It is cool, though. No strip mall dining here. You get the impression that this place had been here for years as a beach side market and decided to start making stuff in the kitchen. Everything we ordered was fresh and delicious. We started with some Shrimp Cocktail, which admittedly was a bit on the chewy side. The cocktail sauce had some bite without being overwhelming. The Lobster Bisque and New England Clam Chowder were thick and delicious. Everything I expect from decadent cream-based soups. Mom ordered the Buffalo Fried Shrimp. Apparently, she is no stranger to this place, as she ordered without the Buffalo Sauce, and with a Remoulade on the side. Perfectly cooked, tender and sweet, and the sauce is the perfect complement. I came here for something that is just pulled from the water, cooked quickly and not available except for a few months in the summer time; soft shell crab. I had mine on a sandwich, fried. Nicely seasoned and perfectly prepared, with some lettuce and tomato and tartar on the side. All sandwiches come with French Fries, which were abundant, hot, and crispy. I’m glad they didn’t overlook the details of the fries. So many places tend to do that and give you cold, limp fries. Not here. Mom had the crab as well, but with a Scampi like garlic sauce, which could have been a meal on its own with a loaf of nice Italian bread. Almost too much sauce…aw, who am I kidding. I was hitting that sauce with my French fries, and loving every minute of it. I can’t give you a description of the scallops as my wife gobbled them down. Usually a good sharer, she was very stingy with the sampling on this day. I can only imagine they were delicious, due to the vanishing act. As far as value, the three of us had appetizers, entrees and soft drinks, and the bill was $60. I believe that’s a solid value for well prepared, fresh seafood. Come here and eat.

Reviewed August 4, 2017 via mobile

Stopped in after a day on the beach. This was our second visit and we will definitely return. We got Lobster Mac and cheese appetizer ( enough for two), Tuna bites and our son got a lobster roll sandwich. Everything was delicious and we even brought in a few leftover beers from the beach.

Reviewed July 11, 2017

They are famous for their lobster rolls. They give you a lot for your money. Just thinking about it makes my mouth water!

Reviewed June 12, 2017 via mobile

Don't let the aroma and display of the fresh catch turn you off when you first walk in. In fact, dining on the outside patio is just as casual, cozy & comfortable. The lobster mac & cheese is incredible. The whitefish is so lightly breaded, you can actually taste the fresh fish. The grilled shrimp salad was great too. A real gem!

Reviewed April 28, 2017

The shore decor is fun, the service is good and the food is really good! Love to come here, it's BYOB so bring your beer or wine. This place is casual.