“One of the best in New Jersey”

The Little Food Inn
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 21, 2018

This is quite simply one of the best restaurants in New Jersey. After a fire gutted their original restaurant, the Little Food Café, Dana and Arron, the owners, acquired the old Friendly's restaurant property and began a huge facelift. When I first walked in, I was shocked. It's the cleverest decorating scheme I have ever seen, complete with memories from the past, old movie pictures, and things that you would never think to see. Absolutely delightful!

They are open seven days a week for breakfast and lunch and six days a week for dinner. My wife and I are there every week, actually sometimes a couple times a week. Let's start with dinner. It's hard to classify the type of food (other than to say absolutely delicious). There's wonderful Italian, some nice Mexican dishes, some of the most delicious salads you’ll ever eat, and things that just don't see very often like Country Fried steak, Pot roast Ragu over Linguine, and my own special favorite, Chicken Milanese which is absolutely delicious and overflows the plate. Please bring your appetite but understand you're going go home with either lunch or dinner for the following day.

My wife and I eagerly await looking at the specials menu, especially the appetizers. Dana is one of the most creative people you'll ever meet. She often makes her own pretzels: the last one was stuffed with avocado and had a dipping sauce. The Fried Pickles, which I never would've thought to ask for, are now staple for us.

And if you want something just a little different, they'll bend over backwards to accommodate. Two weeks ago, the special was a delicious looking Veal Parmesan over Linguine. I asked could I have it with vodka sauce and served over their julienned vegetables. No problem. Out it came and it was spectacular.

Go online and take a look at their brunch menu. It's very frustrating. There are so many good items to choose from, I could go to breakfast or lunch every day for the next three months and still not sample everything

Words don't do it justice. Do yourself a favor: if you haven't been here, go! If you've already been here, do what I do: go regularly.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank Bill F

Reviewed February 27, 2018

A friend and I went here and thoroughly enjoyed it! they offer gluten free bread, wraps etc. The waitstaff seemed knowledgeable and friendly! I had a wrap sandwich that consisted of their chicken salad & brie-- it was so yummy! My friend had the cheese-steak and she really enjoyed it as well! If you are in the area- I would definitely stop by! Everything was fresh too!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed February 7, 2018

Went there for brunch. They have a great selection of specialty dishes and quite a few vegetarian dishes. Great service with a full house. Would go back.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed November 3, 2017

This was our first visit there. We had reservations which they honored and we were seated immediately. The waitstaff was warm and welcoming and the service excellent. There is a parking lot attached to the restaurant with ample parking as it is a small BYO restaurant. The meatloaf was delicious as was the Thanksgiving turkey dinner. The portions were enormous and easily shared. Highly recommend and we certainly will return. You do need reservations due to the size of the restaurant.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed October 24, 2017

I prefer this place for lunch, not dinner. The salads are always very good. They offer a diverse menu, but they sound better than they taste. I don't mean that they are awful, just okay. The restaurant is decorated nicely, very unique. The service is unremarkable. This is a kid friendly, reasonably priced restaurant with decent food.

Date of visit: June 2017