“Grab a sandwich and enjoy”
Review of Red Onion

Red Onion
Ranked #102 of 210 Restaurants in Princeton
Cuisines: American, Deli
Reviewed November 19, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I have been wanting to try this place for a while. On a beautiful fall day we decided to grab a sandwich and eat outside by the library. The menu is extensive, lots of salads and sandwiches (and some soups). Basic, but good! Menu also included breakfast sandwich and baked goods. My husband had the reuben combo, and enjoyed it. I had the brie with roasted veggies on 7 grain bread. This was not a warm sandwich, as I expected, but it was still good. Reasonable prices. Our total was @$15. There are some tables outside and a smaller counter inside. We'd go back again.

Reviewed October 3, 2016

Forget Olives, the Red Onion is the best. The pastrami and corned beef are both very good, the turkey is excellent, but it's the tuna that haunts me. There's a little seating inside, and lovely tables outside when the weather is nice. If you're looking for a sandwich in Princeton, and don't feel like investing a whole day as one does when eating a Hoagie Haven sandwich, Red Onion is by far your best option.

Reviewed June 15, 2016

6 of us had lunch here recently. they had a nice menu and order at the counter. They were quick to put our order together! The chicken salad was delicious and my son loved the roast beef sandwich. They had lots of drink offerings and chips too! Very good!

Reviewed March 20, 2016

I think of the Red Onion was one of the tried and true places in town but nothing too fancy. I like to hit it up when jammin' crepes are being too busy or expensive for the day's outing. Nice to hit up on a warm day before a matinee and you can sit in at the outside seating.

Reviewed October 8, 2015

The Red Onion is a hidden gem. Great salads, sandwiches. They do a very nice platter of sandwiches for work meetings!