“Enjoyable but not top end....”

Soonja's Cafe with Sushi
Ranked #80 of 218 Restaurants in Princeton
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 2, 2017

Ate here with colleagues from work. Is a little dingy and did not line the tables with all the hand written messages under the glass tops. Service was fine. Had sashimi starter which was well prepared and a number of sushi roles. Rolls were all fine without being exceptional. Would eat here again if in the area but was not overwhelmed by this place.

Reviewed June 11, 2017

We have been here several times over the past couple of years after a friend recommended it to us. Have always emitted the food there, strain by worth the tea, soup, and then entree. The only negative is that there's nothing to write home about on desserts.

Reviewed April 21, 2017 via mobile

I had some excellent sushi here.

Large menu from sushi and sashimi, rolls, hi dip bop, ramen, cooked dishes, tempura you name it. Clean place. Very impressed. I would go back and if I lived in Princeton I would have lunch there all the time.

Reviewed March 13, 2017

A must for sushi and the Bimini Bop steaming bowl of beef, rice and vegetables!!!! We try to stop in once a month - really one of our favorite restaurants in Princeton!!!

Reviewed February 28, 2017 via mobile

Hit or miss. Sometimes it is ok sometimes not. Among the asian food places in princeton, this is one of the better(sorry, the rest r really bad) place, esp for korean. But the last time i was there, something was off w the kitchen and they brought my entree(hweh dopbop회덮밥) before the appetizer. When i asked, they had forgotten!! So they hurriedly brought it while i was almost done with my food. My friend's bulgogi was very bad(smelled like bad beef!) but when i told them they re made it...
It was the worst experience, but there is no other choice in this town. Fits princeton's "overpriced and not good" description well. We really need a better asian food scenery :(