“Absolutely amazing Asian wonderfulness!”

Roots Cafe & Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 203 Restaurants in Princeton
Reviewed 24 August 2015

This is a new restaurant that is a true delight when it comes to ambience, food, and service. They do things different here, and they do it better. Just go along with it. TRy the steamed pork buns (oh, the pillowy folded dough filled with BBQ pork belly... melting), and kimchi is a giant bowl of the real deal. Homemade, local (mostly), down-to-earth, and a new favorite restaurant. Go for lunch - it is a great deal and a fantastic place.

1  Thank L S

Reviewed 25 July 2015

My mother and I initially came to this restaurant at a recommendation from the concierge at our hotel, because, at the time, there was not a single TripAdvisor review verifying its existence! We walked in and were immediately wowed by the lovely atmosphere. The design was very interesting, and it definitely brought to mind the rustic "roots" of the food that we would be eating. The service was extremely helpful and kind, aiding me with my peanut allergy. Thankfully, very few dishes had peanuts to begin with. The food was just as amazing as the service and atmosphere...so good, in fact, that we went two nights in a row! The Soup Dumplings were extremely tasty, despite their small size. The flavor was unlike any I had previously eaten, but in a good way. The unagi and spring rolls were similarly grand. My favorite entrée was the drunken noodle, although the Tofu Thai basil is another great option. Overall, this was the perfect option and one of the best meals I have ever eaten. I plan on returning whenever I am in the Princeton area, and I suggest you do the same.

1  Thank JasonSmutek
Reviewed 17 July 2015

Started by the former owners of Elements of Asia in Lawrenceville
-ChingHuaCnu & Tiffany Liu, they are serving their imaginative Asian fusion food in a slightly more relaxed atmosphere but at the same great level of quality.

Are we glad they stayed in the area! Can't wait to go back and try more dishes.