“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Ramsey
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

I stayed here for about 2 weeks and I have to say that that it was a very pleasant experience. Friendly and helpful staff, most of the time you don't ever see the manager of a hotel, but this manager seemed to always be around. Which is good. Good location close to anything you may need when away from home. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Ramsey - Upper Saddle River, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Ramsey - Upper Saddle River. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Bengaluru, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

One of the worst hotel stay experience in US. A place which charges no less compared to other hotels, change of bed linen and towels and cleaning of rooms was once a week - was a shocker. There were pets of the guests roaming all around the lobby and the common area and one of my colleagues had a pretty scary experience when faced with s dog which was left alone on one of the floors.
There were regular visits from the local police and we were not sure of the reason. One of the rooms did nt even have a proper shower..The rooms, although were pretty decent.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2010

Cozy little room with a serviceable kitchen (plenty of franchise restaurants, local diners, and a full service grocery store in the immediate area). Friendly and pleasant staff. I am staying in the area while doing consulting work and this hotel has become my home away from home. I feel safe and comfortable here and my cat is welcome. Yes, the bed is a little hard but I have a recliner, desk, a dining table and wireless in my room all at a terrific economy rate. If you are looking for a huge cushy bed with eight pillows and cute little "designer" toiletries in the bathroom, then keep driving. If you are looking for a great value and friendly staff then pull on in.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
Austin, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2009

I need to preface my review by ssaying that I've stayed at other Extended Stay Hotels before. This was one of the worst.

The hotel is right off the highway and I mean right off. Be sure you are ready to stop and pull in the parking lot.

The woman behind the counter at check in looked like she'd just finished a carton of cigarettes and sounded like it too. Clearly customer service isn't a top priority for Extended Stay, especially at this location.

I guess I would have to admit my room was clean, but clean by Extended Stay standards, so be sure to take it down a notch.

The entire time I was in the hotel, there was always a terrible odor in the hallways. I put towels on the door cracks to keep it out of my room. As usual, the bed was hard as a rock so don't expect a good nights sleep. Even though my room was near the back of the property I could hear the traffic at night.

I'd only recommend this hotel if you are incredibly broke or need an emergency place to stay. They say you get what you pay for and if you can only pay $30, then here's your place !

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank KKAustin
Central PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2009

I read prior reviews of the hotel and was skeptical. However, it appears management recently stepped up and renovated much of the hotel, including carpeting, fixtures, furniture and fresh paint. For the money, it's a very good value. Minutes from a couple of train stations (the Ramsey station is less than 5 minutes on Rt 17 N) that can get you into New York in less than an hour. Valuable for professionals spending considerable time in the city, but don't want to choke down $100 dumps or $200-300/night decent rooms. Bring your own snacks. There's a fridge, mic and stove top. I'll stay here again.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
Seattle
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2008

I can't decide what was worse....the dirty rooms, the noise, or the lack of service (took 20 min to get someone to show up to check out ---- apparently no one is onsite at 10:00 AM).

Hallways have a strong, musty smell, rooms are dirty and smell like smoke - I can't think of a single good thing to say about this place.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Cleanliness, Noise, and Bad Service
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank DonPS
Manager-PWY, Manager - USR at Extended Stay America - Ramsey - Upper Saddle River, responded to this review, 24 March 2009
"I would like to personally think you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Ramsey - Upper Saddle River. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Feel free to call us directly or book online at our website. And please remember that the same great stay you had with us can be had at any of the nearly 700 Extended Stay Hotels(sm) in the United States and Canada."
GROTON,CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2007

Hello,
I stayed at this hotel last week for 6 nights.I would rate my stay as excellent.Considering that the hotel is a limited service hotel the staff reallyu showed good customer service skills.the room was very clean and the only problem we had was after 2 days one of the channels werent coming in but was fixed witin 24hours.i think you get what you pay.for a budgeted traveller like me a hotel like this is awesome.

• Liked — all the rooms have a kitchen
  • Disliked — just by the highway.some times its noisy
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank ZOMBIKA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ramsey
1.0 km away
4.4 km away
Park Ridge Marriott
Park Ridge Marriott
#1 of 1 in Park Ridge

Been to Extended Stay America - Ramsey - Upper Saddle River? Share your experiences!