“Authentic Mexican Food!”

Lino's Mexican Cafe
Ranked #64 of 155 Restaurants in Red Bank
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

Modest seating in a unremarkable setting, about 10 tables, it's a BYOP with a liquor store across the street. Take out appeared to be quite popular. Owner Valentino was our server. He was very personable and willing to answer any questions and suggest dishes. Large portions, food was tasty. Complimentary chips with two salsas.

Reviewed September 10, 2017

I went to Red Bank for a show and decided to check TripAdvisor for a Mexican restaurant. Lino's reviews were very good so I decided this is it. I went solely based on the good reviews. I wasn't sure what to expect. Lino's is a small hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant with a few tables inside & outside with Mexican music playing. They use real wood to cook their Bar-B-Q items. You can see the wood when you go up to the counter. This is a help yourself type of place. Grab a table then go up to the register and grab a few menus. Then go back up to the cash register and give your order. Go to the water/soda/ice tea refrigerator and grab your own soda. When the food was ready, a lady brought it to my table. There is no service so if you need extra napkins or an extra fork, you have to go to the counter & ask for it. I had chicken enchiladas with rice and beans. Very good. Then based on the reviews here I ordered a whole chicken to go for $14.95. The dinner included 1 chicken cut up into pieces, rice & beans, great potato slices like chips, and red and green sauce. You could also get half a chicken for $8.00. Also, ordered shrimp tacos to go. Included 4 small shrimp tacos with cut up barbeqe shrimp, chopped onion, grilled onion & pepper, and cilantro on a soft tortilla with red & green sauce on the side. I noticed a lot of take out going on. I was there on a Sunday evening and I think the only one that spoke English.:):) Felt like I was in a local mom & pop Mexican restaurant in Mexico.Very authentic. There is a liquor store across the street if you would like to byob.
I definitely would come here again but probably for take out. I like to try new restaurants with every trip to Red Bank so I definitely would get takeout on my way home for the next day for sure. Kk

Reviewed August 17, 2017

$14.95 and the best deal on a meal for 2 in Red Bank, get a 6 pack of Modella Especial from the nice liquor store across the street and eat like a king for $24.95 :)

This is a link to the fire roaster in action!

1  Thank StephenS2412
Reviewed August 8, 2017

Where do I begin?...This restaurant has become my #1 favorite in the Red Bank area. The owner's are wonderful, kind and helpful with menu choices. The grill provides such a wonderful aroma to the restaurant. Food is fabulous, fresh and very authentic!...BYOB

Reviewed October 3, 2016 via mobile

Great little Mexican cafe! Food was fresh and delicious. Best place for authentic Mexican cuisine. Very friendly staff. Would eat here again!