“I couldn't wait to review this place”
Review of White Maple Cafe

White Maple Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
White Maple Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 140 Restaurants in Ridgewood
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Description: White Maple Café is a neighborhood restaurant serving contemporary American cuisine with an emphasis on seasonal ingredients sourced as locally and sustainably as possible. White Maple sources much of its produce from Stokes Farm, which is situated less than ten miles from downtown Ridgewood in Old Tappan, NJ, and serves poultry from Goffle Road Farm and seafood from Peter's Fish Market. Created by Ryan Brining, who attended the Institute of Culinary Education and worked at Daniel in New York, White Maple provides quality eats and exceptional service in a casual and inviting atmosphere.
Reviewed July 2, 2016 via mobile

Finally a good new restaurant! The food is fresh, different and delicious. The help was extremely nice and we didn't experience any of the problems you might have at a new place. In fact, all ran smoothly. The community tables may be a turnoff for large groups but there are plenty of tables to eat on your own. Check it out soon before you have troubles with getting a reservation.

Date of visit: July 2016
2  Thank Dneuburger

Reviewed June 28, 2016 via mobile

The place opened a few weeks ago and I've already been there twice for dinner and once for lunch! First time the service was so-so (I think they were working out some kinks) but the food was good and we came back! They service complimentary sparking and still water (not Ridgewood Tap!) which is a nice touch. I had char with polenta and a burger, tried a flat bread pizza and had a lunch special of vegetarian sandwich and a carrot ginger soup - all yummy! So give them a try!

Date of visit: June 2016
3  Thank LenaA862
Reviewed June 21, 2016

I’ll start with the best part – the décor. I really loved the exposed brick wall and the wood beams up above, with old school tile on the floor. Our waiter was pretty good; he didn’t hesitate to make recommendations and I ordered two of them. The bacon mac and cheese was very good; the chicken entrée was pretty good, but nothing special. It reminded me of why I never order chicken when I go out. I was leaning towards the arctic char entrée, but when my wife ordered the arctic char sliders as her appetizer, I changed my mind because I knew she’d give me one. I had the slider and it was okay. There is a nice children’s menu. My daughter ordered the flatbread pizza which had red sauce that was too sweet. I didn’t like it and neither did my daughter. At least the waiter warned us that the dough was made with wheat and topped with fontina, not mozzarella. My wife had a big bowl of vegetables as her entrée and was not impressed. We didn’t stick around for dinner. I doubt we will go back. Perhaps if we have some friends who are really intent on trying it, I will go back and have the char.

Date of visit: June 2016