“Freezing cold outside, warm and friendly inside”
Review of White Maple Cafe

White Maple Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
White Maple Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 138 Restaurants in Ridgewood
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Description: White Maple Café is a neighborhood restaurant serving contemporary American cuisine with an emphasis on seasonal ingredients sourced as locally and sustainably as possible. White Maple sources much of its produce from Stokes Farm, which is situated less than ten miles from downtown Ridgewood in Old Tappan, NJ, and serves poultry from Goffle Road Farm and seafood from Peter's Fish Market. Created by Ryan Brining, who attended the Institute of Culinary Education and worked at Daniel in New York, White Maple provides quality eats and exceptional service in a casual and inviting atmosphere.
Reviewed February 4, 2018

Very pleasantly surprised by this small, cozy restaurant with wonderful ambience and a creative and well executed menu. Four of us shared the ricotta board with grilled tuscan bread, lovely light ricotta spread, honey and yummy caramelized onions. The burgers my friends ordered looked delish and my shrimp and grits with chorizo was fabulous. Will definitely return!

Date of visit: February 2018
Ryan_Brining, Owner at White Maple Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2018

Hi colwoe,

Thanks very much for the kind words! I'm so glad you and your friends enjoyed everything. Looking forward to seeing you again!

Best regards,

Reviewed February 4, 2018

Went out to dinner with friends and my vegan daughter and we all enjoyed our food (and our friends are very picky). My panko-crusted salmon was delicious, and my daughter enjoyed the veggie bowl, and I really enjoyed the tomato bisque as a starter. Service was friendly and efficient, we had no complaints. Would definitely return.

Date of visit: January 2018

Hi Rich,

Thanks so much for your review! I'm very pleased your group enjoyed your experience at White Maple so much. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed January 15, 2018 via mobile

Came here for brunch on a MLK holiday, my wife and 2 of our kids. It was not packed, so we got seated right away. Staff here is very friendly. This is place is byob but they also have a small wine selection. The steak and eggs was amazing, comes with a delicious side of veggies and hash. My wife got the taco rancho, also delicious. Kids had the fries and chicken meal which they liked as well. Would come here again and would recommend this place!

Date of visit: January 2018
Ryan_Brining, Owner at White Maple Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2018

Hi alanroytbak,

Thanks very much for your review! I'm extremely pleased that you enjoyed your brunch so much. We also serve dinner every day and lunch during the week!

Hoping to see you again soon,

Reviewed December 2, 2017

Went to White Maple Cafe to catch up with a friend. The atmosphere and decor were super cute, staff was SUPER friendly and the food was DELICIOUS. I have some food allergies and the staff was able to accurately answer all my questions and concerns. I ordered the dutch pancakes with bananas and I CANNOT wait to go back to order them again! Deff recommend this place for great coffee, delicious foods, and great atmosphere.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

First visit to this restaurant and I was not disappointed. Our server was great - very attentive but not over bearing. She was willing to make suggestions when we asked (and gave reasons why she made her suggestions). Fish taco appy was delicious, with just the right amount of zing! Dinner was delicious. And dessert (apple cobbler) was outstanding.
Highly recommended.