“Excellent food”

Pardis Persian Grill
Ranked #12 of 134 Restaurants in Ridgewood
Reviewed 12 March 2017

We greatly enjoyed Pardis. We were seated promptly and the wait staff was very attentive. We ordered the koobideh beef kebab and the chicken strip kebab with cherry rice. The chicken was juicy and flavorful. It may have been some of the best chicken we've had at a Persian restaurant. The cherry rice was something we have never experienced and it was tasty. The beef was good as well. Very flavorful. Overall, for a Ridgewood restaurant the bill was not bad at all.

1  Thank CCG1982

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Pardis Persian Grill opened four months ago and is a splendid addition to a very strong lineup in restaurants in Ridgewood.

I went vegetarian for my first visit and everything was presented beautifully, with very attentive service, an offer of more bread, and some delicious sauces for the bread, a very crisp Sangak flatbread.

The falafel was perfectly prepared, crisp on the outside, soft and delicious inside. The wait staff spoke too quickly for me to get all of the ingredients of the sauce, but it was delicious with great complexity.

The eggplant stew was very complex, with the eggplant dominating at least a dozen other ingredients, including a small pea I hadn't had before in Persian food.

Overall, plenty of food, a beautiful restaurant, and deserving of winning a foothold in this foodie town.

1  Thank robcurtross
Reviewed 1 February 2017

We had a very pleasant dinner at Pardis this past Thursday evening. Not being especially familiar with Persian cuisine, we chose meat and fish shish kebabs.

Our dinner began with a Shirazi salad, a refreshing combination of fresh cucumbers, red onions and tomatoes with an exceptional dressing. We shared this large salad and were delighted with it.

As my entrée, I selected the Jujeh Sultani Kebab, which is a combination of small Cornish hens grilled nicely on a skewer and Chicken Koobideh, which is like a long, ground sausage of barbecued chicken. The Cornish hens were superb, while the Chicken Koobideh was good.

My companion selected a Salmon Kebab, not a dish one might expect in a Persion restaurant. She found it delicious. The Jujeh Sultani Kebab was served with basmati rice, while the Salmon Kebab came with an interesting green rice.

The portions of both dinners were quite large, and I took enough of my entrée home for dinner the next night. I might have eaten too many of some delicious wafers that they served before dinner, so go lightly on the bread if you want dessert afterward. I would like to have tried their baklava, but I had no room left.

I should also mention that this is a BYOB establishment. We were extremely pleased with our dinner, and we plan to return soon and explore their menu more extensively. I will try a lamb dish on our next visit.

1  Thank Ashburn1
Reviewed 20 November 2016

If you like Mediterranean food, you will like this small, local place. The service is very good, and the place is clean and nicely decorated. Our friends had been here before and really liked it so we joined them for dinner. The lamb shank was very tender and tasty.