“Takeout Lunch”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed May 3, 2017 via mobile

I really enjoyed my food. I ordered the California roll and a spicy tuna roll. The rice in the rolls was amazing. The rolls were also very good however they began to unravel a little. Not a big deal. I did not like the fact that they give sauce packets instead sealed 1oz containers. As a new comer to sushi, I really enjoyed the food. It was very fresh. I will definitely go back.

Reviewed March 31, 2017

Let's start from the beginning,

This place was suggested to us by a friend as a pretty decent sushi place in Ridgewood. I have to agree with him on this but then again I had expected a little better in terms of quality of the food.

But first things first. Came here on Tuesday night for dinner. The place was packed, so the level of expectation became sky high even though the place is right next to the train station. So we sat down expecting great food and great service. Gotta mention that service was actually great, fast, polite, no nonsense. But food seemed somewhat mediocre considering the number of people that are passing through the place given a full house on a Tuesday night. Me and my wife both ordered Sashimi B (16 pcs) of Sashimi with no white tuna but it seems that Tuna is the fish of choice, where as I would have expected more variety like Mackerel instead of Albacore. And the fish seemed to have that "frozen aftertaste" though it wasn't as prominent as some of the other places I had a chance to visit.

Overall I would say this is a good place to visit and I think after the renovations that they were closing for it may be better but it still needs a little bit of improvement.

1  Thank Alena V
Reviewed January 27, 2017 via mobile

Been there. Seems to be a popular place - crowded there. The menu was not that interesting. We tried several rolls and udon. Everything was just OK, the fish was fresh, nothing memorable.

Reviewed November 27, 2016 via mobile

We've been going here for years because the food is always delicious. Best Japanese food around. Delicate, tasty, well presented, and consistently delicious. The staff is always attentive, even when busy, which is often. Very small but worth the wait. Will not disappoint.

Reviewed October 21, 2016

Good local Japanese restaurant. Came to the restaurant on my wife's birthday was her choice. Food was good definitely looking to come back to try other things on the menu, like the Soba noodles or the udon dishes